Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

Thatching Recipes - Lobster/Fish Traps, Baskets, Straw Hat.

Would be nice if Thatching be came a more diverse skill.

Possible Recipes.

- Straw Hat

- Straw Basket

-Lobster trap

-Fish Trap 

Would be nice.

• Like 20

Somewhat related, I once tried to get support for a new WEAVING skill, my concept was mostly using Reeds (which have few uses ingame) but I think thatching is an even better idea because that skill is 1) already ingame 2) seriously underutilized.

So a huge +1 from me for a THATCHING update!

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

+1 Thatching really does need a better purpose. And yes to the lobster! ;)🦞

Quite agreed. Also for thatched roof it would be nice if we could get a 2nd option so they look thicker.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_91790922_traditional-bure-with-thatched-roof-dominican-republic.html

And baskets! Damn I so want baskets in this game. We got almost every container except a basket and no, the picnic basket does not count. We already got the "veggie basket" model in game, so a functional version of it could be coded pretty fast.

• Like 1

Yes. Would be great to have improvable items for thatching. +1

In that context I would like to remind suggestions for additional thatch roof models (though please keep the existing one).

I am not against the craftable objects, but don't think that they should come under thatching.

Thatching is the making of a particular roof with a particular material.  If you making something other than that type of roof then you are doing something other than thatching.  

Edit:  Perhaps wickerwork?

Edited by TheTrickster

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

I am not against the craftable objects, but don't think that they should come under thatching.

Thatching is the making of a particular roof with a particular material.  If you making something other than that type of roof then you are doing something other than thatching.  

Edit:  Perhaps wickerwork?

I guess technically these would fall under weaving. Could just add wickerwork/weaving as a sub skill to thatching? But then I've always thought weaving should be a sub skill of tailoring.

• Like 1

Or we could probably do away with Thatching all together and instead keep the skill slot reserved for something else.

Realistically everything thatching related could be sent over to "carpentry" as for "weaving" that can be turned over to tailoring.

I'd rather Thatching become some other more interesting skill such as "Cartography"  , " Navigation"  , "Science" or perhaps " Taxidermy".

• Like 3

+1

At the very least Straw hats would be something you could use to grind to 20 thatching to be able to make the thatch roofs.

Oh HI, this is Wurm calling ... Yeah you need 60 pieces of thatch to build a thatched roof on your first 2x3 building.  You also need Skill 21 to put the roof on, so go make 2,000 more thatch than you need.... k bye!

+1 bump its 2023 thatching needs some love and we need more hats, fish traps, baskets, woven grass armor etc.

• Like 1

underwater basket weaving!

Also having large baskets wearable as packs.

Edited by Karrde