Sign in to follow this  
Hoonsuit

Mine Tile Cave-Ins

Today I had a rock mine tile cave in right behind me a few minutes after it was cleared. I was wondering if there was a log message associated with this occurance. Such as "You hear a tunnel collapse somewhere in the vicinity."  I looked in my logs and didn't see anything, but I don't know what to look for.

Thanks

All the time I've spent mining on several characters over the years, I've never had a cave-in happen near me while logged on, so I'm not sure if it would show anything in event. Maybe someone else might know? If you're not yet familiar with support beams, check them out. They will stop the cave-ins.  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Support_beam

Good luck mining

I have also never heard of a cavein happening when someone is standing close by. But then I have never heard of lightning hitting players ingame, but I guess it does.

Support beams are a wonderful suggestion.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ive had my tunnel cave in right behind  blocking me in one time. It can happen but seems rare. 

• Like 1

Fun if it happens to drop a tin vein there 😕 blocking your ability to mine back out again

21 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Fun if it happens to drop a tin vein there 😕 blocking your ability to mine back out again

Had this happen once, many years ago, with an alt. It was a fun time mining her out. 

I've had cave-ins happen in my vicinity - mining a corridor, turn around, and the way is blocked - but I'm sure I've never seen any kind of event message. 

Pro tip: avoid logging out in a 1 tile wide mine corridor unless you have a pickaxe on you!

• Like 1