Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1/AUG/20

PatchNotes-1.png
  • More server lag optimization.
  • New: Added a new chat tab – Non-English Help.
    • Intended just for game play questions and looking for group, we’ll monitor the chat and decide if it needs more changes.
    • Regular chat rules apply (other than the English only rule)
    • The Non-English Help chat tab can be enabled and disabled via an option in Profile settings. It should also auto-detect the local client’s language and use it to open the chat tab for certain languages as well.
  • Change/Bug Fix: Village guard limit on Defiance has been reduced to 5.
    • Any villages with more than 5 will have them removed and refunded the hiring cost to village upkeep shortly after the server comes back up.
  • Change: Default alliance permissions will now be the same as default non-citizen permissions
  • Bug Fix: Actually fixed blurry world maps on low graphical settings.
  • Change: Re-added the ‘Disable cursor when UI is hidden” option to the new settings window.
  • Like 1

The Non-English Help chat tab can be enabled and disabled via an option in Profile settings. It should also auto-detect the local client’s language and use it to open the chat tab for certain languages as well.

does this mean if my operating system is in english i wont we able to see any non english chats? how does that work?

This means you can enable the non-english chat in your profile settings no matter what other settings you may have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

This means you can enable the non-english chat in your profile settings no matter what other settings you may have. 

i mean the second part of what i quoted.

EDIT: im trying it right now and i got all lenguages, which seems like it may be a mess that we cant just select which ones we speak.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tpikol said:

i mean the second part of what i quoted.

EDIT: im trying it right now and i got all lenguages, which seems like it may be a mess that we cant just select which ones we speak.

I agree, you should be able to switch between the languages, no matter which OS language you have. Right click tab -> select language

i think it would be a good idea to make a option for every language. First day of the Non-English Help Chat and its 100% a russian talk channel. No sense for other languages...

A channel for all languages except english ist to much for one channel. The most written language "win" it.

Edited by Gondric

Also, the Non-English tab keeps appearing after log in, I have disabled it in settings.

If you are launching with steam it will detect if your steam location is not in an english speaking country and open the non english channel. 

4 hours ago, Gondric said:

i think it would be a good idea to make a option for every language. First day of the Non-English Help Chat and its 100% a russian talk channel. No sense for other languages...

A channel for all languages except english ist to much for one channel. The most written language "win" it.

While we can't do every language, it's clear a separate Russian language channel is needed, we'll look at that! 

My first language is gibberish. can we have dedicated chat in gibberish?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

My first language is gibberish. can we have dedicated chat in gibberish?

Just turn every channel into gibberish, and one chat will be non-gibberish.

Sign in to follow this