Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

[CLOSED] Rogue Monastery Sermons

98b10aaef20a9006f22138febf1a57cc.jpg

Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/324zqCy

Hello! The Eastern-West Coast Alliance of Harmony would like to invite you to our Sermons at Rogue Monastery. The sermons will be performed at the Rogue Monastery, located at I-11 on Harmony. We expect to have the location open and available for Sermons in the following days. 

We also have plans to host crafting stations for the participants. However at this time we are still under construction. They will become available as we build!

We expect to have the location available for sermons in... 

timer_E1596788123.svg

What are Sermons?

Holding a sermon is yet one more way in which a player may gain faith-related bonuses. This involves holding a service and preaching to a group of nearby listeners. By preaching to 6 or more listeners, the priest can have their prayers reset in addition to gaining a faith bonus of .02 for each active listener. This is the best way to get your priest faith up in a reasoably quick manner. 

Players are encouraged to use Wurm Assistant to track sermon and alignment changes. You can find Wurm Assistant's latest version here:

What do I need for a sermon?

You need an altar and a statuete of your deity. You must also be a priest and have premium paid.

How are your sermons done and what are the rules?

Rogue Monastery uses the pvp sermon system with a few twists. There are no sermon queue or lists. You may sermon at any time available as long as the following rules are followed:

• You may only claim a sermon "spot" for a maximun of 5 minutes. 
  • Upon logging in you must wait 5 minutes before claiming a sermon to ensure your spot is not claimed.
  • If you dont sermon in the 5 minutes following your claim, you forefit your sermon and must claim again.
  • Before sermoning, you must claim your semon spot and wait a minimun of 1 minute before you sermon. This will allow time to coordinate with others and avoid 2 people from sermoning at the same time.
  • You may not claim sermon spots for a time in the future. Only the current time can be claimed if not previously claimed by a player. Others deciding to priest can make their intentions known, but no real claim can be made unless you are ready and able to sermon within 5 minutes. Valid claim is attributed as first come first serve. In the event of 2 or more players claiming at the same time, the decision of who obtains the claim can be decided by a /random (higher wins).
  • After sermon, you must stay online as a listener for at least 1 hour and 5 minutes (1:05) before logging off. If you cannot meet this requirement, don't sermon.
  • After sermon, you must copy / paste your sermon faith gain in local.
  • No sacrificing allowed. Channel grinding must be done with passive regen.
  • No arguing. Take your personal issues to pm. Bickering parties will be asked to leave. If you encounter an issue, bring it up with a member of Rogue Monastery.
  • No animals in the Sermon area or in the farm at monastery grounds.

Any questions regarding the rules, contact me via Discord. I will help settle any player disputes.

Note: To the extent possible, please do not log off your characters at the sermon location. The more people available for sermons, the better it is for everyone. At the moment I am providing two accounts for Sermons that I intend to keep logged on at all times. Please ping me on discord if they fall and I'll log them back in as soon as possible. If we get good numbers, I'll prem more accounts to assist with sermons.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

Start has been delayed due to real life complications and not being able to prepare the area in time. Just give us a little longer and we'll get it going! :)

Well people can come and do whatever really. I just need to get the area set up with the altars to start. I wanted to do other things and provide services, but that can wait a little. I'm working on the dirt now, should be a few days to have the platform done.

I got delayed by rl. But working double time now to get everything ready :)

Area has been prepared and secured against hostile creatures. Deed has a Templar hired, but as a precaution sermons are to be held on the mine which has been closed off from hostile creatures. Sermons are to be held on the pottery brick paved area. Anyone outside the pottery paved area may not count as listeners. We currently have all the 3 WL altars, just need to finish the BL one. Build permissions should be enabled if a Lib player would like to bring a bowl and finish the Lib altar.

Make sure you bring your priest with enough Alignment as to not be depriested by opposite alignment sermons!

i'm not sure if i should be flattered or offended about this sermon group sharing a similar name to my own monastery, admittedly i was like hey wait a minute when i looked at the name....

6 hours ago, leander said:

i'm not sure if i should be flattered or offended about this sermon group sharing a similar name to my own monastery, admittedly i was like hey wait a minute when i looked at the name....

*winks* Its in honor of a great Priest who wouldn't come with me to the new servers :P We named our deed after you.

❤️ 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

*winks* Its in honor of a great Priest who wouldn't come with me to the new servers :P We named our deed after you.

then i am honered

• Like 1

Ok the sermons are up and running! I have placed 2 listeners that will be available 24-7, plus I got 2 accounts that will be available when not getting sleep bonus. There's another person on the deed that wil listen when available.

Waiting on more to show up! Still need someone to finish the lib altar :)

[14:03:39] Faith increased by 0.1200 to 41.6528

We're in business! 

If i bring a libila priest will they lose priesthood if too mahny white light sermons happen?

I didn’t understand a little about the interval from one sermon to another and how many I can do per day

4 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

If i bring a libila priest will they lose priesthood if too mahny white light sermons happen?

Apparently since the patch you no longer do. 

2 hours ago, LordNeto said:

I didn’t understand a little about the interval from one sermon to another and how many I can do per day

You can do one sermon every 3 hours. It resets your prayers if 6 or more listeners are available. You can sermon as long as there has been more than 30 minutes since the last sermon.

Also, everyone make sure you have downloaded Wurm Assistant. Its pretty essential for sermons.

Due to problems with visitors and extensive violation of the established rules, Alliance leadership has decided to close the sermons off for non alliance and invitees only. If you are interested in joining sermons, contact Ztrack on game for an invite.

Sermons might be reopened again in the future, but at this time it is not working out. Thank you for those of you who participated and see you around!

Please lock this thread.