Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Question about deed disbands

So I have been seeing a lot, all week, and doesn't seem connected to lag or anything in particular. 

Are people disbanding because they are dissatisfied with their current location, maybe they have decided to move further from the spawn or their first location was a bad spot for a mine? Or they decided to join friends on a different server? Or maybe a conflict with a neighbor and they want a different area?

Or are they disbanding because they've had enough of Wurm and are packing up to go?

Do you know anyone who disbanded and the reasons why?

almost all are doing it to get a better location, when you pick up your deed you lose the money it took to place it. Only money in coffers do you get back

• Like 1

FWIW I know of a few that did it mainly to move, because of frustration with finding iron, either a spot with no rock or iron too far or too inconvenient.

On Harmony, there are also those who moved to Melody.

Most have disbanded for better places, which isn't unusual at all on new servers, when land rush fever grips everyone end they throw a deed down as soon as possible, then find a better spot after a few days. For some it's a resource issue, for others it's too many in local, for some others, not enough people in local, not hear many disbanding for lack of interest or finding Wurm doesn't suit them.

It's likely we'll see a few upkeep disbands in a couple of months, which is more likely to be those who have left the game, but that's another time down the road a bit.

• Like 1

I often need to be reminded of "Things I Probably Already Know, But Somehow Forgot"

• Like 1

When I deeded at first there was no coastal area I liked that wasn't claimed by tents (not deeds). I chose to move on. My very first pick for a location had three tents on it. A few days later I managed to get lost and ended up there, and the tents were gone, no deed. I dropped my tent, disbanded quick, and deeded there.

14 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

When I deeded at first there was no coastal area I liked that wasn't claimed by tents (not deeds). I chose to move on. My very first pick for a location had three tents on it. A few days later I managed to get lost and ended up there, and the tents were gone, no deed. I dropped my tent, disbanded quick, and deeded there.

Perhaps this will be an unpopular opinion on my part, but I've never seen tents as being a legitimate means to "claim an area". I look at them more to be used to log out, perhaps with a hitched horse, so you can come back and continue your journey later on. At the very least, it's a risky move to just have a tent in a spot rather than just deeding right away. It also provides the confusion you've eluded to in your post as to wondering if that piece of land is claimed or not.

58 minutes ago, Yumi said:

Perhaps this will be an unpopular opinion on my part, but I've never seen tents as being a legitimate means to "claim an area". I look at them more to be used to log out, perhaps with a hitched horse, so you can come back and continue your journey later on. At the very least, it's a risky move to just have a tent in a spot rather than just deeding right away. It also provides the confusion you've eluded to in your post as to wondering if that piece of land is claimed or not.

Technically you're correct. However, with the influx of new players I did not want to push anyone away. I can easily make it inland. It's harder to build a deed and get around when you live "in the middle of nowhere". I want to see these islands succeed, so I made the decision to not claim it when there was a chance someone new had gotten there before me and was just figuring things out.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Technically you're correct. However, with the influx of new players I did not want to push anyone away. I can easily make it inland. It's harder to build a deed and get around when you live "in the middle of nowhere". I want to see these islands succeed, so I made the decision to not claim it when there was a chance someone new had gotten there before me and was just figuring things out.

Fantastic that, well done!

• Like 1

I disbanded because we literally were on a deed with no dirt layer, so making roads and such was very hard.  :P . Was up in NE corner-ish, moved to the SW opposite corner of the map in Harmony. 

Edited by polarbear