Sign in to follow this  
SuperFly

Server Merge

So ive been told that possibly in the future the new steam servers will connect to the original wurm servers in some way, is this true??  Just looking for some idea what to look forward to. Thanks

• Like 1

Long ago, Wurm found new lands, Release and Pristine, for many years they were isolated, cut off from the world, Wurmians living their lives in peaceful seclusion, until one day they were ready to decide if they were ready to reach out and join the rest of the Wurm world. So they voted, and it was decided they would join the other servers.

The Northern Freedom isles is now in the same position that Release and Pristine were when they were first found, it may be years before they too are ready to join with their Southern cousins, or perhaps other lands will be discovered in the North, and a larger Northern Freedom kingdom will arise, perhaps in times to come they will be asked, and vote to remain happy as they are?

Who knows what the future holds?

My response would be, "Not anytime soon."

As in, not in the near future.  Over a year or maybe multiple years from now, it's possible. The developers didn't say it definitely would happen,  just that it might based upon conditions in that future.

Hopefully not for years, unless you like the idea of local craftspeople competing with bored veterans who have level 100 in everything, and who like to build massive castles everywhere to display their skills.

But probably someday, yeah. I think two years from now might be reasonable.

This question has already been answered many times. I always point people to the discussion that started it all: Rolf's Steam proposal.

Specifically this part:

e5825b6abc63f9e194151de71c4a87aa.png

The merge is a goal and was discussed in the initial plan. It was not a matter of 'if' but a matter of when. Of course, it will all depend on what the Devs feel when the moment comes, and the plan can be scrapped at any time. I believe that it will all depend on what future the two servers hold and what the Devs see going forward.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1