Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

It's too late to remove Moonmetals...

Its too late to remove moonmetals.

Many of the elite unique hunting teams that will profit off having unobtainable weapons.

The cats out of the bag about using moonmetals. Making them unobtainable now would only give the groups who purchased much of them a huge advantage.

I mean might as well remove iron and steel later on and make everyone use tin weapons. 

1 minute ago, Wurmfarm said:

Many of the elite unique hunting teams that will profit off having unobtainable weapons.

do you know where i can apply for my unobtainable weapon, i didn't get one :(

• Like 1

Just remove any of the items made with moon metals and refund the people who bought the moon metals in the first place. All it should take is a database search.

Problem solved. lol

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Just now, Yumi said:

Just remove any of the items made with moon metals and refund the people who bought the moon metals in the first place. All it should take is a database search.

Problem solved. lol

Not that easy, for example: player A sold a moonmetal weapon to player B for X silver. Player A then put some of the silver into the upkeep of a deed, traded the rest away to player C for another item. What does the refund look like?

Just now, Ecrir said:

Not that easy, for example: player A sold a moonmetal weapon to player B for X silver. Player A then put some of the silver into the upkeep of a deed, traded the rest away to player C for another item. What does the refund look like?

The question I have then is how often would this have happened over 5 days of playing? Those people should be able to send in a support ticket to solve such a problem.

Rest assured, very little moonmetal is actually in circulation. 

We had intended on it not being available from the start but it was missed. 

• Like 3

jesus so someone bought 5kg of adamantite.. and made huge axe leaving him 3.5kg.. imped it a bit TO 30 QL and that left him maybe 2kg left... so much you can do others cant now with this 30 ql unobtainable item 🤣

That lucky dude must be sweeping all uniques now solo to obtain himself unbeatable edge in the game and the market dominance 🙄

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 8

It's not like silver weapons don't deal the same +10% dmg as adamantine ones against uniques... 

Oh wait.

Edited by atazs

Lol, y'all are funny. Moon metal isn't even that much of a buff. 

Work on your body strength and weapon stats and you'll be doing just as well versus uniques as the 3 guys with moonmetal.

You're ignoring the fact that moonmetal armors have superior defense compared to the normal ones, something that silver doesn't have...

They also all have superior shatter resist and pendulum search area, compared to silver. Having a Seryll item that you can (dis)enchant with impunity would be something that many would love to have...

10 hours ago, Gamerdood said:

You're ignoring the fact that moonmetal armors have superior defense compared to the normal ones, something that silver doesn't have...

They also all have superior shatter resist and pendulum search area, compared to silver. Having a Seryll item that you can (dis)enchant with impunity would be something that many would love to have...

another daydreamer... Dude.. a lesson of maths here.. plate set is about 21kg just to create (sorry cant remember exact weight). that 21kg is 53 lumps of moonmetal (each lump is 0.4kg). 1 lump is 3000 marks so that totals to 159k marks just to create a set of what? 5ql? now you telling me ppl just bought themselves 3 years worth of prem time just to make armour set?

have you ever tried to imp with moonmetal? if not i tell you, those lumps fly by as fast as nothing else. a skilled platesmith will dump another 20kg just to improve that set to 80ql or so. so thats what? another 3 years premium to buy in marks? :D

So we have 6 years of premium spent already on a set noone has the skill to imp it without wasting moonmetal in silly amounts.

but yeah i really "get" you, once again, those lucky dudes who got those unobtainable items are spanking those uniques left and right hard if not harder than i would spank some ###### i spent 600 quid on 🤣🙄:D🤣

• Like 3

Isn't silver basically just as effective as using addy against a unique anyway? Just make silver axes o.o No way anyone has enough addy/glimmer to make a usable armour set

3 hours ago, Skatyna said:

another daydreamer... Dude.. a lesson of maths here.. plate set is about 21kg just to create (sorry cant remember exact weight). that 21kg is 53 lumps of moonmetal (each lump is 0.4kg). 1 lump is 3000 marks so that totals to 159k marks just to create a set of what? 5ql? now you telling me ppl just bought themselves 3 years worth of prem time just to make armour set?

have you ever tried to imp with moonmetal? if not i tell you, those lumps fly by as fast as nothing else. a skilled platesmith will dump another 20kg just to improve that set to 80ql or so. so thats what? another 3 years premium to buy in marks? :D

So we have 6 years of premium spent already on a set noone has the skill to imp it without wasting moonmetal in silly amounts.

but yeah i really "get" you, once again, those lucky dudes who got those unobtainable items are spanking those uniques left and right hard if not harder than i would spank some ###### i spent 600 quid on 🤣🙄:D🤣

A pendulum is completely exempt from this weight problem, though, one lump gets you the ball, and a second one can easily get it imped to a good quality level, all for the bonuses mentioned above.

Also, Chain mail is much more economical, and can make the difference, especially in the early stages of the server.

There is also the immense prestige of owning a item of immense rarity will inevitably warp the trading in the server down the line, if the value of PMK wagons and banners are of any indication.

6 minutes ago, Gamerdood said:

A pendulum is completely exempt from this weight problem, though, one lump gets you the ball, and a second one can easily get it imped to a good quality level, all for the bonuses mentioned above.

Also, Chain mail is much more economical, and can make the difference, especially in the early stages of the server.

There is also the immense prestige of owning a item of immense rarity will inevitably warp the trading in the server down the line, if the value of PMK wagons and banners are of any indication.

The seryll pendulum is certainly one of the larger bonuses that are unfair to the vast majority, unless they are obtainable in the future somehow. It only takes 0.3kg to make the pendulum, and quality really doesn't matter a whole bunch.

• 25% bonus to pendulum area of effect
  • 100% shatter resistance

Maybe it'll be easier to grind channeling as seryll items as well?

I'd be interested to see how this plays out in the future. I have seen it for sale in Trade chat on Harmony, so who knows how much is actually out and about currently. Time will tell.

I absolutely agree that seryll pendulums grant an advantage, so do runes, so do enchantments, so do rare or better weapons, gear, and tools, and, even more, unique droppings. I do not see anything unfair in that most of that is not available from start, and therefore not available on newly started servers where players begin at skill level 1. And I frown upon calling out everything that is not granted at start to everybody. There should be things hard to obtain, or by extraordinary luck.

Yesterday, we chatted in twitch with a guy who was struck by a lightning on the new servers, something which did not happen to me in hundreds of days of playtime (and neither to thousands of Wurm players with accumulated centuries of playtime). Unfair? Rofl.

Certainly a couple of moon metal properties are extraordinary, that makes it desirable to participate in activities to get them once it is possible. It is good that there are items like that. When they slipped out to a few prematurely due to a bug or misconfiguration, so what. Just another lightning strike.

thing is, ppl who bought those lumps from mark store, they either made pendulum or skilling pickaxe, maybe hatchet if they were lucky enough to get seryll. whomever got ada/glimmer those just most likely used up their bank slot to store that lump, as they are pretty much useless in minor quantities. what advantage those players get on pve server making skilling seryll tools? well.. have to repair your low ql pick 6 times less than the iron one.. thats pretty much it. What use are pendulums on pve server? what advantage you get from that 25% range? no one can even cast lurkers yet lol, and finding water tiles any pendulum works the same, so there is NO advantage at all. PVP server can still get moonmetals from battle camps, so once again - there is no advantage at all to anybody. And to tell you the truth - to buy a lump for 3000 marks you gotta be dumb in the first place :D

• Like 1

I am pretty sure devs said there was only a single one lump transaction, and that it was easy to fix.

So pretty much a moot point, other than just a general discussion on whether moonmetals are a big deal or not.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2