Sign in to follow this  
Sandyar

ash ql reduced with higher ql shovel

Just started in new servers and used my starter shovel to clean forge to get ash and average ql is about 10 (random fro 2 to 12), shovel ql7. To my surprise when I used a higher ql shovel, ql26, the average dropped to ql5 (less random all around ql5.2). I had expected shovel ql to improve chance to get higher ql ash not worsen it. Ql also more consistent.

13 hours ago, Sandyar said:

Just started in new servers and used my starter shovel to clean forge to get ash and average ql is about 10 (random fro 2 to 12), shovel ql7. To my surprise when I used a higher ql shovel, ql26, the average dropped to ql5 (less random all around ql5.2). I had expected shovel ql to improve chance to get higher ql ash not worsen it. Ql also more consistent.

Ql of the tool does not play a part in the ql of the ash. The furnace ql and firemaking skill does thou.

48 minutes ago, ausimus said:

Ql of the tool does not play a part in the ql of the ash. The furnace ql and firemaking skill does thou.

Just odd I can repeat it many times and noticeable difference using the low ql starter shovel instead of newly created shovel.