Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

The Mystery Of Astrix.

What concerns me about this is the how cryptic the clues are, particular the contradictory nature of the first clue and really the whole of the second clue, give that Platyna is not neurotypical.  I do not know if clue 1 means to you what it seems to mean to me, and I am not confident that you can state clue 2 with assurance.

That all said,  I have now visited Astrix twice (coming over from Release), the second time going INTO buildings and up onto unroofed and open upper floors, and any unlocked buildings without a roof and have not found anything, large or small, that to me satisfies the clues.

I therefore declare Gerboa to be correct; it is a small crudely drawn picture of a caterpillar wearing a colander as a hat.

Or possibly a lady with a facial tattoo of an armadillo in repose.

• Like 1

How are the clues 1 and 2 contradicting? Clue 1 refers to something we always hear about the thing in question, in schools, a truism like "mitochondria are powerhouses of the cell".  If you find it, it should seem unusual to you, as I never seen anything like that on any deed I visited. Another clue states that the Mystery of Astrix is outside, so why you went into buildings? Fourth riddle is important - try to look on the surroundings and pay attention to details, yes, maybe like a non-neurotypical person does. Try to look on things that look normal, dull or even blend into the surroundings, deeper in more detailed way. 😉

Edited by Platyna

Sorry, I wasn't saying 1 and 2 contradict each other.  1 seem self-contradictory to me, shaping history but not a generation.  2, as I said I think subjectivity could be more of an issue than "normal" (although TBH I am usually looking at normal from a little off to one side).

Please realize that I am also being a bit playful with this.  That is not always obvious from me, particularly in plaintext.  

I went into buildings to get to the outdoor upper areas, and I considered just what  else "outside" could mean - other than the obvious - a walled in area with no roof perhaps..

You must have misread:

It is one of most powerful things in the world (not only Wurm world), shaped the human history and influenced generations not once. 

Shaped the human history AND influenced generations NOT ONCE = many times. Outside means not in the building, that includes bridges. 

I have no problems, I will gladly explain all the hints. 🙂 

Edited by Platyna

In the hops trellises, there is a poem.

The answer is a poem.

Here are some of the trellises and a very little bit of the poem.

HM4tUb4.png

• Like 2

This is the correct answer (there is a complete poem hidden in the trellises). My congratulations, come collect your well deserved reward! 🙂 

Dreams by Langston Hughes:

Hold fast to dreams 
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

FYI.  I put the coin in my coin collection.  🙂

I recently decided to forage for coins and rather than bank them, collect them to make a set.  I know that this prize is a basically a coin that Platyna renamed but still, I have deemed it (in my own head at least) as collectable.

(Oh, and by the way, Platyna, when you were doing a bit of "hot, hot cold" and told me 2 players were close but I wasn't, I was actually one of the two, and was in fact the closest.  You kicked off a little mini goose chase as I tried to retrace where I knew people had been  😆).  

I think I will have to return the favour and dream up a riddle that can only be solved on Release.

AFAIR I told them that on PM. 😉 I am glad you guys had fun. If I get some another wild idea for a riddle I will surely pull it up. Used to do it very often in the time of my youth when I was game mastering in [MMO]RPGs. 

Edited by Platyna