Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

WSA: Rogue Referrals

On 8/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, Gumbo said:

Still discussing this? Any update at all?

Thx

Seriously, wow on the lack of response for an update.

*offers a broom and meditation rug, to make it easier to sweep this under the carpet*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I didn't give a timeframe, no update as of yet. 

Ah, one step backwards then. Do you think we could get a timeframe as to when we will get an update,   sir. 

Something else to consider. This problem has left a bit of a bad taste in my, and many others' Wurm experience mouth. I've not played on Gumbo since this problem occurred. Pls add to your discussion, reparations for all my deed upkeep lost due to lack of response on this matter. It's currently approximately 60 silvers worth (6 weeks at about 40s per month). You can claim that has been my choice, but remember it's the lack of staff response that is the cause of me and others, not playing.

Thank you,   sir.

Spoiler

The Wurm community is something I take a lot of pride in as a community manager, and I know you all do too, so let's make sure that we always put our best foot forward!

Some wise words there.

1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

Ah, one step backwards then. Do you think we could get a timeframe as to when we will get an update,   sir. 

Something else to consider. This problem has left a bit of a bad taste in my, and many others' Wurm experience mouth. I've not played on Gumbo since this problem occurred. Pls add to your discussion, reparations for all my deed upkeep lost due to lack of response on this matter. It's currently approximately 60 silvers worth (6 weeks at about 40s per month). You can claim that has been my choice, but remember it's the lack of staff response that is the cause of me and others, not playing.

Thank you,   sir.

Reveal hidden contents

The Wurm community is something I take a lot of pride in as a community manager, and I know you all do too, so let's make sure that we always put our best foot forward!

Some wise words there.

Could you explain what the problem is? They also did not extend the bonus on Ind, which, due to glitch, was 4 hours without 30% bonus. These are little things but seems to make people mad. 

2 hours ago, Platyna said:

Could you explain what the problem is? They also did not extend the bonus on Ind, which, due to glitch, was 4 hours without 30% bonus. These are little things but seems to make people mad. 

It's been explained. Enough so that Staff is "discussing it". So prolly best to either ask a Staff, or wait for a reply from them after their discussion.

Edit: bad pun calf is best calf

Edited by Gumbo

Own the devs by paying for a game you don't play on principle. got 'em

22 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Own the devs by paying for a game you don't play on principle. got 'em

Not sure what you're on about. The upkeep was paid in advance, a year at a time. I've not been paying for premium since this situation came about. This is not a good look for a company.

Analogy would be akin to you taking your car in for a repair. The shop takes months to fix it despite them saying it would be back tomorrow. You'd expect to be compensated by them giving you a courtesy car, until they can get your car fixed, wouldn't you?  I think that works, lols. Happy to be corrected. Analogies suck anyway. Sorry to use one.

12 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Just to clarify, are you still unable to play due to this? Or was it only the small period of time in which you couldn't play due to the error by using the main client and not the old client? 

13 hours ago, Gumbo said:

It's been explained. Enough so that Staff is "discussing it". So prolly best to either ask a Staff, or wait for a reply from them after their discussion.

Edit: bad pun calf is best calf

I have read the whole topic and I have no idea. 

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just to clarify, are you still unable to play due to this? Or was it only the small period of time in which you couldn't play due to the error by using the main client and not the old client? 

Thank you for your reply and interest in this matter which began on July 24th, 2020 (approx. 7 weeks ago). It was from the time Harmony/Defiance were both launched and lasted four days. For those days I was not able to use the main client to access the game, to play on any of my characters.

I was also interested in creating a new character on the new North Freedom server of Harmony, but was not able to do so. As such, I missed out on all the bonus skilling/attribute perks that were offered to those NFI players that were able to access and play (96 hours worth for some, 48 hours for others).

Due to the lack of attention given to this matter by Wurmonline staff, it left a very sour taste in my mouth. I have no interest in supporting a game that would so easily ignore my (and others) requests for help and compensation for something that was clearly the fault of Wurmonline. This lack of attention is what is responsible for me not playing on SFI. Therefore I am requesting the original 4 days of premium lost, be added to my main character on SFI. As well, I would like the upkeep on all of my SFI deeds be extended in the amount of days from July 24th, 2020 up until this matter is finally resolved. On top of that I am requesting the equivalent of 98 hour of 30% bonus skilling/affinity time be given not only to my main character on SFI, but also given to the character I have created on the NFI after the "Error 35" problem was corrected to the point I could actually log in. That is approx. 86 hours worth of 30% bonus times that was missed out on, that other NFI players were given. 

I realize you're going to claim that it was my choice not to play after the "Error 35" problem was fixed ,therefore minimal upkeep will be restored. But please keep in mind, that choice was made due to Wurmonline staff ignoring my and many other players' requests for compensation.

If you have any more questions in regard to this matter, please feel free to contact me here. I look forward to a settlement package that is beneficial not only to me and the others that have suffered due to this mistake by Wurmonline, but is also beneficial to the game as well.

Thank you for your time and kind attention to this matter.

Gumbo

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 12:06 AM, Retrograde said:

I didn't give a timeframe, no update as of yet. 

*Takes a look at his calender and notices that a new year is approaching*

So... is there any update on this matter yet?

Any chance we could get an ETA, on when you will be giving us an ETA, on when this matter will be looked into? 

Thanks, appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Gumbo said:

*Takes a look at his calender and notices that a new year is approaching*

So... is there any update on this matter yet?

Any chance we could get an ETA, on when you will be giving us an ETA, on when this matter will be looked into? 

Thanks, appreciate it.

What's the rush? Do you have 1000 referrals?

I have 1 and not in a hurry to use it, what's pushing you?

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

What's the rush? Do you have 1000 referrals?

I have 1 and not in a hurry to use it, what's pushing you?

Pushing me?  In a hurry?

It's been two months since the incident occurred and we haven't even been informed when the problem will be looked at, let alone resolved. Perhaps it's time people asked why it's taking so long to give an ETA on when we will get an ETA, on when this will be looked at.

If this type of thing can happen to me, it can happen to you. I don't believe these such delay tactics are a very good way to run a business, but maybe that's just me. Potential players see delays like this, and shy away from playing/paying.

Still waiting. 

I hope everyone reading this has become aware of the delay tactics in use here. It's October and I got the brush off since the end of July. I was informed that since I didn't ask for an ETA, none was given, so in other words, the problem has not been addressed. Since then I've asked for an ETA, seeing how this was the excuse given by the PR rep as to why there is no update yet. Over two weeks of asking for an ETA, and not even a reply from the staff. Is this really the type of service that is acceptable behaviour now?

I hope the player base is becoming as disgusted by this type of treatment, as I currently am. It will happen to you all eventually. You all may want to stand up and get this type of incompetant treatment method, looked into. If it can happen to me, it WILL happen to you.

SO, again. Any update on an ETA or any thing to address the compesation that will be given exclusively to the Error 35 people. This was an error that was caused by, and is now beging ignored by, the Wurm staff?

Thank you for  your time.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:44 PM, Gumbo said:

Still waiting. 

I hope everyone reading this has become aware of the delay tactics in use here. It's October and I got the brush off since the end of July. I was informed that since I didn't ask for an ETA, none was given, so in other words, the problem has not been addressed. Since then I've asked for an ETA, seeing how this was the excuse given by the PR rep as to why there is no update yet. Over two weeks of asking for an ETA, and not even a reply from the staff. Is this really the type of service that is acceptable behaviour now?

I hope the player base is becoming as disgusted by this type of treatment, as I currently am. It will happen to you all eventually. You all may want to stand up and get this type of incompetant treatment method, looked into. If it can happen to me, it WILL happen to you.

SO, again. Any update on an ETA or any thing to address the compesation that will be given exclusively to the Error 35 people. This was an error that was caused by, and is now beging ignored by, the Wurm staff?

Thank you for  your time.

From another thread

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

When we encountered issues at launch we stated compensation would be delayed to ensure we did not have further issues which would require separate compensation. 

This compensation includes things that affect a smaller part of the player base such as harmony lag while the other servers were fine various crashes that other servers did not encounter, and the players unable to play due to the error 35 message. 

I understand that you feel your issue is more impacted than the other issues encountered, but we will not be dealing with individual issues with individual compensation, especially given that many people had various different issues, from connection, stability and bugs.