Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

WSA: Rogue Referrals

5 minutes ago, Alpengeist said:

Thats why instead of the bonus period, you give everyone say 5 sleep powders and say have a nice day.

The equivalent is more like 144 to 288 sleep powders. Depending on, if/when you got in afterwards. I've still not seen a staff post anywhere informing the playerbase that the Error Code 35 problems was resolved. This only made the problem worse.  People likely got tired of playing "Wurm Launcher Simulator", stopped clicking and decided to wait for an official staff announcement on the forum, saying the Error Code 35 problem was resolved. 

Apologies if it exists somewhere, pls point my nose in that direction if you happen to know where they announced the problem was resolved. thx

Interesting perspectives, I guess a new launch was always going to have various things which need to be addressed when two platforms are used to log in.  Now take a minute and shake your heads for a "vet" player who bought silver in the shop (20 silver) to purchase first time premium at a token (8 silver which equates to over 14 Aussie dollars), and never even thought about looking for first time welcome packs for new chars on a new server.  It later dawned on me that I would not get the sleep powders nor the referral either, mostly because the token premium is deemed to be "in game money" where there would be no way on earth any player could get in game money on the first login on a brand new server.  That to the side, shop premium would cost only 13 Aussie dollars, would have added premium now, plus additional two silver in game, and perhaps a referral which seems to sell for 6 silver or something.  This means I spent 14 real life dollars in the shop to buy a month's premium at the token in game, and missed out on many little bonuses bestowed on people who bought store premium for less money in the shop.   For a game which was launched free to play.  So yeah, absolute proof that some people (me) will be a forever noobie in Wurm.  Trust me, I had a little giggle about being stupid in the way I bought my first premium as well.  Apart from all the little teething problems, the game is still awesome and having the noobie experience again was truly fun :)

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

But it will still minimize the amount of people who got screwed over. That is a benefit. You are arguing that since they can't help everyone who got screwed over, then no-one who got screwed over, should be helped. Give your head a shake mate.

it sets a precedent that you get preferential treatment from being a forum poster vs someone who simply waited for the bug to get fixed gets nothing. it's not a good look for the game and i would argue worse than occasionally someone cant play the game for a bit. people will forget that they couldnt play for a day or two due to a bug but people won't forget that forum posters get preferential treatment. i'm sure you'll get your hundreds of sleep powder though

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

it sets a precedent that you get preferential treatment from being a forum poster vs someone who simply waited for the bug to get fixed gets nothing. it's not a good look for the game and i would argue worse than occasionally someone cant play the game for a bit. people will forget that they couldnt play for a day or two due to a bug but people won't forget that forum posters get preferential treatment. i'm sure you'll get your hundreds of sleep powder though

Hogwash

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

people will forget that they couldnt play for a day or two due to a bug

Not always.

Just now, Gumbo said:

Hogwash

Constructive

38 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

The equivalent is more like 144 to 288 sleep powders. Depending on, if/when you got in afterwards. I've still not seen a staff post anywhere informing the playerbase that the Error Code 35 problems was resolved. This only made the problem worse.  People likely got tired of playing "Wurm Launcher Simulator", stopped clicking and decided to wait for an official staff announcement on the forum, saying the Error Code 35 problem was resolved. 

Apologies if it exists somewhere, pls point my nose in that direction if you happen to know where they announced the problem was resolved. thx

How is it more like 144 to 288? I get some people grind 24/7, but those people are going to be at an advantage anyway since they can grind 24/7.

I get what you're saying with this launch and all, but this is a game of years. These 5 days in terms of skill gain are going to mean less in even a month's time and will continue to fade into no meaning at all as time progresses. I'm not going to say there wasn't a problem with all of this, because there absolutely was, but it's not exactly "game changing" (pun intended). ;)

Edited by Yumi
  • Like 1

There was a problem when Ind crashed, after the restart, had no bonus for ~4,5 hours while other servers had. I wonder if this will be extended for us. Not that I am a salty berry, but we all know skill training in Wurm is not easy. Well this is equivalent to 4 sleep powders + the affinity chance. 

I think over all the devs have done a good job and handled things fairly as best they can.

My first 2 days was lag fest, just couldnt play, had to log to refresh my stam bar or wait over 5 mins to see a stam tick, was it a pain, yes but I understand that demand was insane.

Now you could say the new server was screwed over compared to the old servers the first 2 days, but thats just silly,  where does it all stop?

I started the game early ( 3 months ) to test before steam release and learn somethings, what I thought would be a day or 2 test became something completely different, got err a bit hooked on the game. lol

Little bit of a bumpy start, but for me at least very happy with the way the devs have handled things and the fast response to all the little bugs and fixes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cayce said:

What about referals received for buying none of the starter packages? I bought a normal offer for my new character, because I didn't see the others, and I received a referal that I can use. (starter packages are gone from the shop for me)

Is this intended?

Same for me, I did not have the special offer in Wurm Online shop for first time purchase for my new toon. I only had the regular options not the first time discounts. (Wurmonline.com Shop)
That way I lost about a month for the same money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yumi said:

How is it more like 144 to 288? I get some people grind 24/7, but those people are going to be at an advantage anyway since they can grind 24/7.

The first 30% bonus skill window was 48 hours long.  One sleep powder is 10% bonus skill. Three sleep powders would equal the skill gained in one hour of the first 48 hour bonus window.  3 x 48 = 144 

For those of us who also missed out on the second 48 hour bonus skill window, double it  = 288.

Now I'm not saying I didn't sleep in that 48 hours. I def. did for about 8 hours total. I'm willing to conceed that because of that sleep thing humans require, that the number of sleep powders given (at least to me), should be approx.  120 for the first window. For the second window, I was doing the real life thing more-so. After playing "Wurm Game Launcher Simulator" for 2.5 days right off the bat, I was a little discourage with the progress, but def. did keep in forum contact waiting for a message from staff here saying the Error Code 35 problem, had been fixed.  That message never came, as far as I can see. The PR team def. dropped the ball on that one. Prolly why our problem is being ignored.

2 hours ago, Badvoc said:

I think over all the devs have done a good job and handled things fairly as best they can.

I think so as well.

I used to live for these types of situations. When all hell was flying loose, that was the time I got to step in, and shine. It ain't easy and the sweat pours for no other reason than your nerves. But once you get through it, then it's time to clean up and make the things you couldn't (or didn't realize then) correct, right again.

1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

The first 30% bonus skill window was 48 hours long.  One sleep powder is 10% bonus skill. Three sleep powders would equal the skill gained in one hour of the first 48 hour bonus window.  3 x 48 = 144 

For those of us who also missed out on the second 48 hour bonus skill window, double it  = 288.

Now I'm not saying I didn't sleep in that 48 hours. I def. did for about 8 hours total. I'm willing to conceed that because of that sleep thing humans require, that the number of sleep powders given (at least to me), should be approx.  120 for the first window. For the second window, I was doing the real life thing more-so. After playing "Wurm Game Launcher Simulator" for 2.5 days right off the bat, I was a little discourage with the progress, but def. did keep in forum contact waiting for a message from staff here saying the Error Code 35 problem, had been fixed.  That message never came, as far as I can see. The PR team def. dropped the ball on that one. Prolly why our problem is being ignored.

Error code 35 was mostly an issue with user devices, and we worked closely with getting it addressed. 

Compensation for the hectic week will be discussed but it will not be in awarding sleep powder. 

Also for the record sleep powder is 100%, not 10%, meaning every three hours and twenty minutes equals one hour sleep powder. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Error code 35 was mostly an issue with user devices, and we worked closely with getting it addressed. 

Compensation for the hectic week will be discussed but it will not be in awarding sleep powder. 

Also for the record sleep powder is 100%, not 10%, meaning every three hours and twenty minutes equals one hour sleep powder. 

Thank you for your response on this matter. I'm sure the delay was entirely an unfortunate oversight.

I'm not sure what delay you mean, we addressed it in numerous posts to discord, social media, and in patch notes 

• Like 1

It's really good to know a further look is being taken behind the scenes. Thank you Retro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I'm not sure what delay you mean, we addressed it in numerous posts to discord, social media, and in patch notes 

The discussion was here on the forums. Would have been nice of you to reply here, you know, where the discussion was actually taking place.

I looked at the patch notes. No mention of Error Code 35 being resolved. Think you could point it out, or quote it here for me. Would appreciate it.

I didn't know Discord and "Social media" have officially become the place where we are supposed to get our information from. Do we also have to become a follower of you on your stream thing?  If that's the case, perhaps it's time you consider shutting down this forum, to avoid future confusion.

Thank ya Mr. Beanbag. Great to see ya hanging around, hope you're doing well.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, Cayce said:

What about referals received for buying none of the starter packages? I bought a normal offer for my new character, because I didn't see the others, and I received a referal that I can use. (starter packages are gone from the shop for me)

Is this intended?

On 7/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, Annyil said:

Same for me, I did not have the special offer in Wurm Online shop for first time purchase for my new toon. I only had the regular options not the first time discounts. (Wurmonline.com Shop)
That way I lost about a month for the same money.

I lost out on this too. I bought 12 months premium as that was my plan all along and did not even see the starter packages. I went back to look after reading about them and they were nowhere to be found. Every account should be eligible to purchase a starter package regardless of whether it is purchased first or not. There was no warning about it needing to be purchased first or else losing your eligibility for it.

Can this please be reverted to make all accounts eligible to purchase one starter pack regardless of when it is purchased? Thank you.

• Like 1

I wanted to make it back to this post to say that I appreciate how long the bonus skill and affin periods have run to this point. For any gripes I had regarding the inability to utilize this earlier, I take it back. 

Thanks again

• Like 1

I also had the error 35 issue and I still get crashes when I try to reinstall the game with the 32 or 64bit .exe files but: I'm not complaining or throwing hissy tantrums because I'm just happy I got the game to launch with the JNLP file to continue playing again. That's basically all that matters to me in this situation: being able to play and enjoy my favourite game.

• Like 4

On 7/30/2020 at 5:43 PM, Retrograde said:

Still discussing this? Any update at all?

Thx

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, Gumbo said:

Still discussing this? Any update at all?

Thx