Sign in to follow this  
globalvectors

Steam PVE - lighthouse

we would like to see a lighthouse tht achauly works and lights up like a proper lighthouse and we can build it that would be a  good addition to our bay in our deed in melody 

• Like 2

Already available, all you have to do is use the available bits to design and build one.

yes one that lights up.  You just gotta use what you're given - wurm doesn't give you easy finished stuff, it gives you the bits to make your own things.

• Like 2

a 8 story building with 4 marble braziers is visible from 60 tiles away and makes a great lighthouse. Sounds like you're asking for something to be given to you in a game where nothing is given except on very special occasions (like Xmas). Get your skills up, grind like everybody else has to in this game and you'll eventually have a nice lighthouse. if you're still in that spot by then.

• Like 1

im not asking to be given anythink would just to be nice to build a lighthouse wear the light spins around

1 hour ago, globalvectors said:

im not asking to be given anythink would just to be nice to build a lighthouse wear the light spins around

Just a little history note. Lighthouses didnt exist around the time wurm is set.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gawain said:

Just a little history note. Lighthouses didnt exist around the time wurm is set.

And what year is that?

On 7/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, Jotz said:

What a lot of people tend to do is make a 1 tile building that is a few tiles high, and then place a Marble Pillar near the top as they are visible from many tiles away compared to most other light sources.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Marble_brazier_pillar

Ahhhh i remember when we just raised up a tile and fenced in a lava spider or lava fiend on top. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, armyskin said:

And what year is that?

Tuesday

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Tuesday

lighthouses definitely came out no sooner than Thursday

It would be nice to have something, some different light source that spins around, so that it'd be recognizable as a lighthouse. I have made a 10 story building with marble braziers inside, but you don't actually see it from far on a lot of settings (it depends) and even when you do, eh, I recognize it in part because I expect and know exactly where I expect it, I'm not sure it's too recognizable otherwise.

17 hours ago, atazs said:

Ahhhh i remember when we just raised up a tile and fenced in a lava spider or lava fiend on top. 

The good ol' days...