Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Wurm Office (WOffice?)!

Hi,

I was thinking if we could have some in game calculator (even as an item) and the ability to use stationery to create simple spreadsheets even limited to like 10k lines with CSV/TSV import support along with the ability to export tables from the client, such as items in inventory, also some simple PowerPoint/Impress - like a book with papers with imported screenshots, to create e.g. product catalogues would be nice. The calculators could be used to create empty spreadsheets that could be then sold to other players. Not only it would be unique but also very, very handy for bookkeeping. There are things like OpenDocument Java API that maybe would make this easy to implement? 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

That's deep stuff. I usually just pm myself notes for later 😆

A simple window where you could write things would be nice. I already made a post about this a week ago. Just a simple notebook to write down some stuff. I’m tired having to create txt files on my desktop.. this would not devalue the inscribing part of the game, since this would be visible only for you

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Just use google :D

Why? I don't like to be distracted by multiple windows. We have a hundred thousands items, merchants, trading, ships etc. why we can't have ledgers and bookkeeping?

Edited by Platyna

56 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Why? I don't like to be distracted by multiple windows. We have a hundred thousands items, merchants, trading, ships etc. why we can't have ledgers and bookkeeping?

We do have books ingame and paper as well

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

We do have books ingame and paper as well

I was suggesting particular kind of books that we don't have in game, and it would be very nice if we did. 

Just now, Platyna said:

I was suggesting particular kind of books that we don't have in game, and it would be very nice if we did. 

You can do what you suggested though with the books we currently have I am pretty sure. 

3 hours ago, atazs said:

The UI for writing in books is dreadful

To be fair the fact that you have seen it is already something most cannot even say, Regarding the OP a for a ledger would be useful but something like an old tablet one can chip thing in maybe or something odd. As books are not easily accessible for most players.