Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

Religion bonuses for followers

Hi all,

I'm confused about the religion bonuses for followers. It seems like there is some conflicting info on the wiki, or it's not explained very clearly and I'm hoping someone can explain in more detail how this works. I tried asking in the help channel in game but it's too active in there right now :)

On the follower page, it says "The benefits are passive so no special actions or items are required for them to be active." This is regarding the follower bonuses listed on the individual pages for each god, right? For example, "+1 range for Gardening/Forestry-dependent mouseover info (trees, grass, etc.)." for Fo. 

On the altar page, it says "When standing on a tile in the domain of your deity any follower, priest or champion will receive a small bonus to some of their skills, such as fighting skill."

So is this altar bonus in addition to the passive effects listed on the god pages? Is there any way to find out what effect it actually has? I see "You get bonuses from the influence of your deity" as a spell effect, but no indication of what that actually means. 

Ultimately what I'd like to know is whether I as a follower should make an effort to do things within range of an altar in order to get the most benefit from having a religion. 

Edited by Vorticella

altar influences combat very slightly but its not really anything worth building altars for. all the actual follower bonuses do not need altar influence.

• Like 1