Sign in to follow this  
sulfurblade

Steam Release Lingering Issues

So with the steam release many people have had many things not go smooth or the way they want!

I know several people with names they don't want because they were testing if they needed to type a random name in or the account name in they made!

***So why aren't we helping these people get their names fixed?

I also know several people who got their premium before log the account in for the first Time (Me included) Who didn't get their sleep powder because it registered to Golden Valley???

***Are we going to help these people get there sleep powder they were shorted?

And then how do you run multiple clients with Steam???  The Steam Client as a whole seems to be worse than the standalone launcher with no upside???

• Like 1

If people chose incorrect names then they are welcome to recreate their proper names, I'm not sure as to what the issue is there, but we have no process regarding requested name changes at this point. 

Paying for premium prior to ever logging the account in is something that is clearly unintended, but we can investigate if its traceable, but golden Valley is not intended for premium players. 

As for the last one, the steam launcher allows for steam integration. We explicitly stated in the faq that we wouldn't be supporting multiple clients being launched, and any attempts at a workaround were unsupported. 

There's no doubt lingering issues, but if you have questions about these things feel free to ask. 

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

If people chose incorrect names then they are welcome to recreate their proper names, I'm not sure as to what the issue is there, but we have no process regarding requested name changes at this point. 

Paying for premium prior to ever logging the account in is something that is clearly unintended, but we can investigate if its traceable, but golden Valley is not intended for premium players. 

As for the last one, the steam launcher allows for steam integration. We explicitly stated in the faq that we wouldn't be supporting multiple clients being launched, and any attempts at a workaround were unsupported. 

There's no doubt lingering issues, but if you have questions about these things feel free to ask. 

The fact is your launcher on Day 1 Said click here in the text to create an account So people did that and they created the names they planned to use!

Eventually they figured out you don't create an account at all and you just type a name in....  So they should not be able to use the name they wanted>?  Because they went thru the account creation to do so! Because you all clearly didn't say jack diddly squat to players logging in for the first time on how to do it, in what game do you just type a name in the field and hit enter???  Every game makes you register an account and you clearly did not make that clear!

Now people have these names their heart is not set on and the names they want have to be played thru the other launcher!  

You never planned for people getting premium prior to logging their account in???  

If they registered an actual account then they can just use the normal client to use it? 

It's exactly the same. i don't see an issue here

The normal client also allows multi clients to be used at the same time.

Edited by atazs

3 minutes ago, atazs said:

If they registered an actual account then they can just use the normal client to use it? 

It's exactly the same. i don't see an issue here

The normal client also allows multi clients to be used at the same time.

The issue is several days have gone bye of using the steam client again I am speaking from people in my group on this instance, on characters with names their not completely sold on.

Now they are discovering the standalone client now they are discovering they can't run the standalone client and the steam client, some people want to use the steam client but want to use it with the original name?

^^^^ Primary issue (They were prompted to make an account via the only text giving them guidance and now that account is tied to standalone)

They have some loyalty to steam, I am not judging I am sharing their issue.... 

Would you want to give up your character at this point and start over? 

In my opinion their is a legitimate gripe here as steam release gave zero guidance the only guidance was to make a standalone account and now the names they want can't be used with steam!

It's just a mess really and why should the player be the one to clean it up by making a new character when the developers were the ones who created the situation for the mess to happen!

I can run both the standalone client and the steam client just fine at the same time.

And if they were not happy with their names to begin with, why didnt they ask for help in the chat or contact anyone about it and only now complain? It's their fault for not doing anything about it and not looking into the issue/asking for advice from staff. 

Edited by atazs

46 minutes ago, atazs said:

And if they were not happy with their names to begin with, why didnt they ask for help in the chat or contact anyone about it and only now complain?

Not on the new launcher, but on the old, this is exactly what happened to me.  By the time I got a character name the launcher would accept, I just wanted to get in and see the game (for some reason it had rejected names incorrectly, and I have now used one of those rejected names on the new servers).  I very quickly lodged asked in CA and lodged a ticket asking for a change of character name and was told flatly told there was no way it was going to happen.  

So:

49 minutes ago, atazs said:

It's their fault for not doing anything about it and not looking into the issue/asking for advice from staff. 

is just plain wrong.  The standard response from staff is roll a new character.  Effectively a complete discontinuity and cut off from the new-player experience and an early disappointment with the game.  

IMO, what should happen is account creation, tutorial, pick a display name when you prem the first time.  Until first prem the account name is the display name.  The underlying account name doesn't change.