Sign in to follow this  
Azumen

[No Bug] Mission time moved!

Hey, a few of us have been working really hard together to complete a mission, to create 12 tall square rigs. Initially the expiry date was 01.08.2020 and it is now 29.07.2020! We are really bummed to have all our work wasted. Please advise.

• Like 1

See the screenshot just to illustrate how hard it was to prepare and complete (and we actually collected all the materials required and were in process of assembling them when server crashed) all of us are low/medium skill so it was a great work for us. My loom and spindle was scorching hot due to excessive use. 

Spoiler

h4qypbC.png

• Like 1

Someone asked the same thing in CA_Help... [11:30:55] <Timothymarker> (Xan) No, can't be changed, book it under bad luck.

Which is quite unfortunate if there really isn't anything that can be done, but who knows... Maybe mercy shall be shown in some mysterious way!

Oh! we certainly hope the server gods will have mercy upon us!

I hope so too. It is awesome to see a bunch of people come together for a project that is quite daunting, and I think it is one of the best things in Wurm Online. So thanks Platyna for setting it up anyways :)

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Not going to skill up ship building enough to create even one tall square rig in 2 hours, but will do my best to help you guys to pull as many as we possibly can!

I'm still in! no sense in all this hard work going to waste

We are like the orchestra aboard the Titanic, we play till the end:

Spoiler

Q4wCg5X.png

Remember, missions end at the 3.5 day mark if they are not at 33 percent complete.  Was this the case?

I got this confirmed:

[13:12:00] <Retrograde> missions if not completed past 33% will be reset in half the time

But really, we had no way of knowing it, it isn't documented in Mission article on Wurmpedia nor in game client, also it is a bit absurd - hard missions that are problematic - should have the time extended not shortened. If a mission to create high difficulty items will get cut in time in half, it is like nothing more to do than ditch it as it is even more not doable than it was before. Players shouldn't be punished for being ambitious. 

Post a request in the wurmpedia section to have this added.  I agree, it's an important fact.