Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

PVP - remove affinity transfer when killed

Chaos only

Like the title, I know it's not a sure thing each time you're killed by another player, but with the current systems in play it seems like maybe it'd be a good time for this? It seems that one of the reasons PvE players are apprehensive about trying Chaos PVP is due to the risk of losing affinities they really value having. Gear is easy replaced, but those affinities are much harder to get and have a real value to them, sentimental or not.

Thoughts? Hatemail?

Edited by Madnath

I could 100% get behind no affinity loss or gain from kills. I have never cared for them at all and have seen more than enough people complain about losing or the potential loss.

They dont transfer between Pvp and Pve servers.

Edit:

Not on the new steam server anyway.

Edited by AceRifle

10 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

They dont transfer between Pvp and Pve servers.

Edit:

Not on the new steam server anyway.

The point of the suggestion is for Chaos, not Steam

• Like 1

I will have to say no to this. I have a lot of affinities from PvP and I think it's a wonderful addition to the game and creates a unique reward, I don't want to see it get removed.

4 hours ago, Madnath said:

Like the title, I know it's not a sure thing each time you're killed by another player, but with the current systems in play it seems like maybe it'd be a good time for this? It seems that one of the reasons PvE players are apprehensive about trying Chaos PVP is due to the risk of losing affinities they really value having. Gear is easy replaced, but those affinities are much harder to get and have a real value to them, sentimental or not.

Thoughts? Hatemail?

Affinites don't transfer between PvE and PvP on the new servers. You have a seperate affinity for both.

35 minutes ago, atazs said:

Affinites don't transfer between PvE and PvP on the new servers. You have a seperate affinity for both.

5 hours ago, Madnath said:

The point of the suggestion is for Chaos, not Steam