Sign in to follow this  
Red

Using PvP Portals on Defiance to get free sleep bonus by hiding in Harmony...

as you can see in a number of the posts itt, the turbo nerd pvp losers desperately want this to get ahead by any sliver they can and will justify it by any means. make a bed and get sb on the server you want to grind on, go have fun on the other server and "make new friends" when you run out. SmeJack's suggestion of a shared pool between servers is a good idea, double SB is not.

21 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Since skillgain transfers both ways (for all things that sleep bonus affects) You are not being penalised for playing on either. 

It was in for epic as skilling on epic did not transfer to freedom, therefore it was to provide some bonus for playing on both. With the Northern Freedom Isles, skillgain on any server transfers to both servers, therefor any sleep bonus used in skilling will work on any server. 

Think of the income you get from people who run deeds or are part of groups that play on both servers from a gaming standpoint it makes sense to have it and from a financial side it makes sense too as it gives an incentive for players to play on both and the only way they can do that is to have a place on both which means 1 more people on pvp server be they grinders who craft gear for the pvp only crowd or pvpers who come to pve to make a deed to grind at.

At the end of the day the only "downside" is that people get some extra sleep bonus but the rate is so low that unless you only go over once in a blue moon you wont have that much sleep bonus saved up.

• Like 1

Sme is right about if you aren't setup for both playstyles you're penalized. If I were a priest on PVP, if I ever obtained SB on PVP I would never be able to put it towards building my crafting skills if I were a crafter on PVE. I really think having separate pools of SB discourages players from partaking in both pve & pvp.

Yes, I PVP.. Yes I'd prefer to earn SB as if I were sleeping on the server my character currently isn't logged in at.. and it would encourage me to pay for a deed on freedom and partake in the freedom economy. Many other pvpers would do the same. It would probably make the game seem more lively overall.

The Defiance server is more like Epic in terms of items not transferring (rip hota statue sales 😭).
If your argument is that skills transfer now so it's not like Epic .. it seems hypocritical since everyone seemed to stand behind a FAIR skill transfer from epic to freedom according this thread: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krolkal said:

as you can see in a number of the posts itt, the turbo nerd pvp losers desperately want this to get ahead by any sliver they can and will justify it by any means. make a bed and get sb on the server you want to grind on, go have fun on the other server and "make new friends" when you run out. SmeJack's suggestion of a shared pool between servers is a good idea, double SB is not.

to be honest, i was at first using it as an excuse to grind more, but when i actually was over at the freedom side, i talked with people more than i grinded, like james said earlier in the thread, i think this is actually healthy for creating more connections between players, and might make me actually set up proper on the PvE server aswell.

• Like 1

People saying that the PvP portal exploitation for sleeping makes it so PvE servers will have more activity seem to forget that PvE servers always have more activity than PvP lol

Thank goodness it was removed. Any other silly Epic "features" we can squish before they ruin Defiance?

Pretty sad way of thinking. "We have enough activity, we don't need any more!!"

If you think Defiance should be less like Epic, maybe let fight skill, meditation path, and magic tomes transfer between Freedom and Defiance. Titles too, please.. *sigh*

• Like 1

Its flawed logic too because no one is actually going to the other server(s), they're just logging off.

So the point is moot. it doesn't encourage anything except making actual sleep bonus mechanics like beds useless. 

Also, it was patched already. 

6 hours ago, Red said:

Its flawed logic too because no one is actually going to the other server(s), they're just logging off.

Do you really think we PvP turbonerds are letting unused sleepbonus on the Harmony server just sit there? Nah, I'm training swords and woodcutting in the woods of Harmony.

Just to clarify it came over with epic code and and I didn't consider the issues of fully shared skills with a system like that so at the time I saw no reason it should not work like existing epic portals.  When the issue was brought up and discussed internally we decided it would be best to not have that and it was removed sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2