Sign in to follow this  
Red

Using PvP Portals on Defiance to get free sleep bonus by hiding in Harmony...

Supposedly this quirky feature is left over from epic.

Defiance isn't Epic, please remove this.

Or don't and anyone who wasn't aware of it: build PvP portals everywhere and log out on the other side. 

It's getting removed we were told as it isn't intended

Edited by atazs

unknown.png

confirmed, is being removed. Good move devs.

• Like 1

Kinda sucks tho, this kinda seems good, it would encourage pvp players to go over to pve and make a place to skill gain or the pve to come over to pvp to get skillgain, this could encourage different groups to go between server like once or twice a week to use up their sleep bonus and maybe united the two communities a little more and help the game flourish. 

This was stated to be unintended by the devs, but I don't see it as a bad thing. @Retrogradeyou accidentally have a system in place that encourages people to go between the two servers actively. 

• Like 11

100% agree with fireheart, it keeps both servers more active

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rakki said:

so true FH

The dev seem like they are gonna remove it :(, unlucky seemed like such a good system to promote server crossing and end up leading to people joining kingdoms, pvpers joining pve villages, more people meeting more people, hence increasing communities and helping the game be healthy. 

It actually benefits both clusters more then it would be a hindrance. just lower the overall sleep bonus's the GM's give to like 1-2 hours

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

It actually benefits both clusters more then it would be a hindrance. just lower the overall sleep bonus's the GM's give to like 1-2 hours

Agree this is good for both clusters, as long as everyone know about it, which all it takes is the devs making an announcement about it. This is a good thing no one would be against it, it helps keep both servers healthy

4 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

+1

To be honest, I probably won't ever go over to freedom if it's removed.

• Like 2

Just now, Raix said:

To be honest, I probably won't ever go over to freedom if it's removed.

same :(, and a lot of pve players prob wont come over to pvp server for same reason

Edited by FireHeart

Like a lot of people, I will be losing out on the Freedom experience when this feature is removed.

Skills cross. Playing on both sides of the portal should give advantages.

• Like 2

@Retrogradeyou are saying its unintended and will be deleted but from what darklord said here(picture taken from pvp chat channel on discord) it seems to be an intended feature
HxYsj8t.png

• Like 3
  • Cat 2

It did sound intended to me when darklords responded about it.

I for one like the feature and feel it would be silly to remove.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wipeout said:

@Retrogradeyou are saying its unintended and will be deleted but from what darklord said here(picture taken from pvp chat channel on discord) it seems to be an intended feature
HxYsj8t.png

Wurm Online is a communication sandbox game where you can level over 100 skills like communication.

• Like 2
  • Cat 4

10 minutes ago, wipeout said:

HxYsj8t.png

hey that's me.... i am dumb

but yea kinda sad they are removing this. why?

Edited by Beastwolf

4 minutes ago, user said:

Wurm Online is a communication sandbox game where you can level over 100 skills like communication.

I dont like cats but you deserved it.

10 minutes ago, wipeout said:

HxYsj8t.png

Penalising players for wanting to play both is not a good move, I understand that unlike epic skills not transferring to freedom this is essentially giving double sleep bonus it doesn't need to be an all or nothing situation... find a balance... like making your sb the same pool for both sides... im sure if you think about it for a second you can come up with something better than a flat removal knee jerk reaction

• Like 2

Since skillgain transfers both ways (for all things that sleep bonus affects) You are not being penalised for playing on either. 

It was in for epic as skilling on epic did not transfer to freedom, therefore it was to provide some bonus for playing on both. With the Northern Freedom Isles, skillgain on any server transfers to both servers, therefor any sleep bonus used in skilling will work on any server. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Since skillgain transfers both ways (for all things that sleep bonus affects) You are not being penalised for playing on either. 

It was in for epic as skilling on epic did not transfer to freedom, therefore it was to provide some bonus for playing on both. With the Northern Freedom Isles, skillgain on any server transfers to both servers, therefor any sleep bonus used in skilling will work on any server. 

Can you explain why taking it away is a good thing tho? I feel like taking it away just makes people have less of a reason to go between server, at least now people have a reason to go from server to server, I don't see how this is a bad thing if every can benefit from it and in the long run it wil help keep both servers healthy.

a few different people in my pvp group are making deeds on pve servers so they can grind on both because of this feature. it encourages playing on both servers instead of just staying on 1. a more interconnected community and meeting new people will give the game a more friendly feel. for the first time ever today i spent 3 hours on a pve server grinding and talking with people who i never would have talked with otherwise. i dont see any benefit to the health of the game by removing this feature, it gives the pvp players reason to dip into the pve side of things and the pve players to dip into pvp. more activity all around

shout out to my new mining buddy munster

Edited by JamesSnow
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, JamesSnow said:

a few different people in my pvp group are making deeds on pve servers so they can grind on both because of this feature. it encourages playing on both servers instead of just staying on 1. a more interconnected community and meeting new people will give the game a more friendly feel. for the first time ever today i spent 3 hours on a pve server grinding and talking with people who i never would have talked with otherwise. i dont see any benefit to the health of the game by removing this feature, it gives the pvp players reason to dip into the pve side of things and the pve players to dip into pvp. more activity all around

My thoughts exactly its healthy for the game 

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It sure does, if you can only gain sb on one cluster. If you like to play farms and rainbows on one side and murderous animal on the other and aren't set up for both on both, you are in fact penalised and forced to chose which side gets the sb.

• Like 1