Sign in to follow this  
validate

Attendance required: of the cheating statment. need ? answered

below is a statement . that i'm a bit confused about.  i never macro. nor cheat.  but i do use the GAME mechanic of queing actions.

like the past 2 days and well 10 yrs. i often landscape. I que up flatten tile on 2 tiles then watch TV or even walk away to go the the bathroom or yell at my kids ect...  then i come back move forward and que 3 more tiles.  i'm i cheating because i leave during these que'ed actions?  i also alt tab to an alt and que up actions mining ect...  is that also cheating because i alt tabbed and used actions?    

i ask this as i hope i'm miss reading the statement below. cus if not i've been cheating for 10 years.   for the most part i am around the PC as i dont want to come back to a troll death.  but to play and not watch tv.  i cant do that. i watch youtube vids on my tv while playing. many wurm vids. but still 99% at the keyboard.

One other kinda related question to macro ish things.  what about voice attack or other voice commands.  i have software for other space games where i can issue a command with my voice. which is always attended. would that be allowed. i was thinking command dig dig dig. it would hit my k key which i have  keys to dig.  i don't use it much as i have kids. but thought it could help those with an injured hand  play the game.  i ask as would the system think the game is being macro'ed because of this.

Attendance required:

Make sure to attend your game session when performing actions. If you use keybinds and send actions that finish often, make sure that your actions have desired effect before starting a new queue in case you watch TV or do something similar that steals your attention. When performing actions that you start more seldom and take a long time to finish (such as fishing or training shields) you still need to verify that you have a valid target now and then when starting the action which should be no problem. In case we notice that you are not attending the game and express prolonged robotic behavior where your actions have no effect you risk being banned for automated play. This will of course not happen when playing normally or being afk. You also have to make sure to respond to any popup questions that may occur due to such perceived automation.

its talking about doing actions without watching your game, ie a wireless keyboard or whatever. not watching the action bar go up is fine, just have to be there when the actions are queued, because if you get macro checked and you sit there mashing buttons mindlessly you might get banned/look like a bot even if you were doing the actions manually.

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

its talking about doing actions without watching your game, ie a wireless keyboard or whatever. not watching the action bar go up is fine, just have to be there when the actions are queued, because if you get macro checked and you sit there mashing buttons mindlessly you might get banned/look like a bot even if you were doing the actions manually.

ok that does make sense i recall the macro check thing way back in 2010.  i havn't seen that since then.   thank you

make sure when you queue actions you actually see the game screen. i personally had it where i was watching movies "always on top" mode and below that i had wurm client only showing me the action bar in the corner so i was queuing new actions when the bar stopped. little did i know i was macro checked, as tab popped up middle of the screen asking me to answer dumb question something like "what colour are red roses" but i didnt see it as it was hidden below movie "screen" so i kept queuing my actions.. well, long story short, the character was banned :( since then 2 pc's with 2 monitors each and a mouse without borders to navigate them all works like a charm :D

• Like 3