Sign in to follow this  
Waughee

Linux Multi-Client

I followed the multi client instructions on https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/176711-steam-unable-to-login-a-2-character/ and it sort of works.

However I get the following error on the first client when I start the second.

Disabling Nagles
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f1c6d9d333a, pid=6222, tid=0x00007f1aef3fd700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_211-b12) (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.211-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ld-linux-x86-64.so.2+0xb33a]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#

This appears to be the same bug as is described here: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8155205

The solution is to set export LD_BIND_NOW=1 and run $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar yourapp.jar

I don't know how to start Wurm using the jar, so maybe that is the issue, but setting LD_BIND_NOW=1 doesn't work on it's own.

This doesn't seem to be related to Steam, it seems to be just a strait Linux Wurm Multi-client issue. So does anyone have Linux multi-clients working. If so any pointers?

I assume that the issue may be caused by Wurm's launcher not passing environment variables to the execution of the .jar files. So if anyone knows how to set environment variables for use by the .jar that may solve my problem as well.

Thank you,

Edited by Waughee

For Wurm Unlimited on Linux only one thing always worked correctly on any distro for me: start first instance, close Steam using Task Manager/kill signal (SIGKILL), start the game through a Steam desktop icon again, which should automatically startup Steam together with another game instance. Repeat this until you started the desired amount of clients.

If that still works for Wurm Online, you probably can automate that process with a script as well.

For some reason, when I start the second one, the first one crashes. So I figured out how to run it from terminal and saw the error I listed. It's very reproducable for me. But I just can't figure out how to fix it.