Sign in to follow this  
Gianna

Sleep Bonus Diminishing Slower on Harmony

I noticed sometimes when I port from Defiance to Harmony to use Sleep Bonus, it seemed to go down much slower. I thought I was losing my mind but I tested it to verify.

In screenshot 1, you will see that I had just activated sleep bonus at 11:58:06 and had 1 hour and 35 seconds of bonus remaining.

In screenshot 2, you will see that the time had passed by over 6 minutes, yet my sleep bonus remaining was only down by 2 minutes. I had not turned it off in between.

While many will undoubtedly enjoy this bug (if it is more than just visual), I am worried that a) it is costing CCAB money and b) people on Harmony will gain an unfair advantage and use it to come over to Defiance in a month or so and destroy people in PvP with much higher stats.

Edit: I was not experiencing any lag whatsoever when doing this. There were approximately 773 people online.

knIMeqY.jpgX2rmIv4.jpg

Edited by Gianna
added additional info

SB and deed upkeep run at a slower pace on very laggy servers.  So there is an advantage to be had on those servers, over the low population servers with no lag.  However, the reduced game play experience doesn't make it worth it in my opinion, but just an opinion.  I believe things will settle down in time and the server clock will catch up eventually, so Sleep and Upkeep will eventually return to normal.

17 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

SB and deed upkeep run at a slower pace on very laggy servers.

1 hour ago, Gianna said:

Edit: I was not experiencing any lag whatsoever when doing this. There were approximately 773 people online.

client lag connection lag and server lag are all seperate things. you'll see it when regenerating stamina or aggroing mobs that it'll take a few seconds for them to catch up, but you'll be able to freely queue up actions or walk around or whatever in this time. it usually does a good job of hiding the server lag from the player

fun fact sleep bonus and upkeep last roughly 10% longer on xanadu due to this

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

client lag connection lag and server lag are all seperate things. you'll see it when regenerating stamina or aggroing mobs that it'll take a few seconds for them to catch up, but you'll be able to freely queue up actions or walk around or whatever in this time. it usually does a good job of hiding the server lag from the player

fun fact sleep bonus and upkeep last roughly 10% longer on xanadu due to this

Only 10% now?  Yeesh!  I better update my deed upkeeps.  I'd calculated for 30%.