Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Altars/tower combo dont spawn mycelium?

So far we havn't seen a single mycelium patch anywhere on the server with the exception of around the starting deed.

There is plenty of towers with altars straight under them and multiple days have passed.

I asked players who played as hots on the latest elevation about it and acording to them the mycelium never spawned by itself, it only expanded from excisting mycelium and had to be "seeded" by priests.

From my knowledge mycelium is supposed to spread when domain and influence is present. Thus im reporting this.

• Like 3

it does spread in the libila domain and BL kingdom influence areas only, however it needs a "starting point" tile to expand. So if you build altar and tower in an area that has not a single tile of mycelium in it - it wont spread. Similar as grass - you can make entire island dirt only and it will stay dirt if there is not a single tile of grass or a tree tile for it to spread. Its no bug

42 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

it does spread in the libila domain and BL kingdom influence areas only, however it needs a "starting point" tile to expand. So if you build altar and tower in an area that has not a single tile of mycelium in it - it wont spread. Similar as grass - you can make entire island dirt only and it will stay dirt if there is not a single tile of grass or a tree tile for it to spread. Its no bug

When was that nerf implemented?

It used to spawn while inside libila domain and hots influence.

With the old domain system there were 2 requirements: HotS influence and Libila domain. Grass (and trees), dirt, steppe etc. turned automatically to mycelium pretty quickly if both requirements were met. The 'new' domain system completely broke that mechanic however.

If you want mycelium now, you will need HotS influence and mycelium to start with (use spells to spawn it). It will spread out like grass then, as long as it has HotS influence. (This worked the same way with the old domain system, resulting in 2 systems working effectively together)

If I remember correctly this has been reported for Wurm Unlimited years ago already, but I don't think it has ever been fixed. The workaround for WU servers is to turn the old domain system back on.

If that bug made it into Wurm Online as well, it should be fixed asap, as it's hard to believe that this is a design decision. Without this mechanic spreading mycelium will take ages, especially on the new PvP server.

5 minutes ago, Army said:

The 'new' domain system completely broke that mechanic however.

Welp i guess it was a bug and not a nerf.

Edited by Zekezor

Adding to the list to see if intended or a bug.  Thanks for the report.