Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/JUL/20

PatchNotes.jpg
  • The play button will no longer break in certain situations.
  • Steam character creation process is now explained in the launcher.
  • Added a mention of the golden mirror to the tutorial (character customization)
  • Fixed blurry server maps on low texture settings.
  • Fixed a crash when setting certain keybinds through the in-game settings window.

Can the map please default to harmony map when logged in on harmony. It shows the whole cluster every time and you have to click on harmony. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, LionIX said:

Can the map please default to harmony map when logged in on harmony. It shows the whole cluster every time and you have to click on harmony. 

This will be fixed soon.

• Like 7

Any news on more optimization to the server side to eliminate the lag even further?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nosus said:

Any news on more optimization to the server side to eliminate the lag even further?

We're looking into more optimizations. Some more issues were fixed and are waiting for the next server restart, and others were identified but we still need to figure out the solutions for those, and test it well before putting it live. In any way, safe to expect that it'll still improve soon.

• Like 4

It's great to see so many fixes and improvements rolled out over the last days. Thanks for all the work!

Two more notes, mostly for pvp:

Gravestones appear below water; this means its entirely possible to miss them being there and not being able to recover corpses. Please make them appear at the top of water (like corpses). Probably affects both servers

Shield skill gain is way too slow; as far as I understand, shield skill is gained from blocking creatures that are not too easy to block (blocking attacks often in combat) and not too hard (barely blocking in combat), but more importantly, the damage blocked determines the skillgain. Also, you only gain exp for blocking a creature for the first 15m of combat.

So, while that might work at 50+ shield skill where you can tank trolls and whatnot, it makes early skill abysmal, as there are no creatures you can safely block that actually grant a decent amount of skill per tick. Please remove the "damage dealt -> skill amount' as the rest of the system already works fine to prevent pentraining and such. It's extremely silly that i can gain fightskill and weapon skill many times faster than I can shield skill.

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 2

When are we getting fixed for titles transferring between PvE and PvP. I was told it was supposed to be fixed in this update. 

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Fixed a crash when setting certain keybinds through the in-game settings window.

That's nice.  It would have been nicer if CA chat didn't ignore this and just tell me that the launcher was the place to set these, or if someone had responded to my Technical Issues post.

Don't get me wrong; thank you to whoever worked on fixing this.  BUT - to not even acknowledge the bug and then say "bug's fixed" grates a bit.

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

That's nice.  It would have been nicer if CA chat didn't ignore this and just tell me that the launcher was the place to set these, or if someone had responded to my Technical Issues post.

Don't get me wrong; thank you to whoever worked on fixing this.  BUT - to not even acknowledge the bug and then say "bug's fixed" grates a bit.

Many of those who volunteer to support CA Help aren't notified officially when there are bugs to fix anymore than you as a player are on the forum.

Edited by Tristanc

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

CAs do not report bugs for other players and are not required to keep up with all the bugs and workarounds to them. The best way of having a bug acknowledged and fixed is to report it on these forums.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this