Sign in to follow this  
lfanew

Colorblind Friendly Action Queue Skin

Hi,

I'll try to keep this short and actionable.

Often when I'm working through an action queue in crafting, I cannot tell how far along I am just by looking at the colored circles representing the queue. The two colors representing the states free and queued look nearly identical to me. So, I'll usually just keep track of where I'm at via the events log. This is a bit cumbersome though when alt-tabbing in and out of the game.

Fortunately, this is the only part of the UI I've struggled with when it comes to my deuteranopia colorblindness. My suggestion is to have an alternative color set for the action queue indicators, or maybe some sort of text representation of it.

Thank you,

Picture for reference of UI section I am speaking about.

QQHfOEq.png

• Like 7

we need indeed more color blind options!   either more color options or a new skin would be nice.  and dont forget about the minimalist skin as well!

Edited by AlmostSolitude2
  • Like 2

Something I've been thinking about lately is actually kinda related to this - 
not all actions queues require the crafting window to be open. (Like chopping a tree, mining a rock, foraging, etc). But there is no on-screen UI element that visualizes your queue in anyway.... so, again, like the OP we're back to just trying to use the Events tab to keep track of things in your head. 

What if we had a new UI element that could be toggled on or off, and positioned wherever players like... Something super simple like just a row of pips for each action currently queued. So at the start of my work (with 3 action spots lined up) there would be 3 pips in a row on screen. Then when I've completed my first action, one of the pips goes away. 2 pips on screen = 2 actions queued, 1 action spot available again). And so on. No pips on screen - nothing queued up. This way the pips could be any size, shape, color - just as long as they are visible, we have a way of seeing where we are at in queue.
Please ignore the terrible quality of this mock-up (I was trying to do it quick).... 

S0mlRFD.jpg

• Like 3

This needs to be fixed, in the old UI, there is no problem for me at least to see the difference between queued and not queued. I know the design trends now is to use colors that are so close to each other, but please fix this problem. It is a very easy fix, not like the rune mess we have had in the last updates.

@Retrogradeor could we at least get a response from the person who chose the colors and why the person did it this way?

Edited by riceri

Whole change that is needed is a config option that will change green to blue.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1