Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

New UI bugs that need fixed

1) when selecting multiple items in a stack it does not tell you how many you have selected

2) Combat window =

a) Bashing - very hard to tell when you can bash or try to bash again need color changes on button

b) Pictures on the combat window take up too much room, need an option to remove

c) No special moves

d) Can not tell which or even if you can change stance to hit high/low etc buttons stay same color , no indicator

3) menu bar is gone, with out a hotkey the inventory/ skills and other highly needed windows are harder to access

4) Font and window sizes are not customizable enuff, too big and get in the way.

5) Highlight of health bars etc over animals are very annoying , please make an option to remove

6) halo around the names of Everything needs an option to change/remove

7) option to disembark or other actions need an option to return to right click so it stops cluttering up the screen.

8 ) Toolbelt does not hold items/ save items correctly, also hard to click on the last item in the toolbelt, misclicks to another item

Please add anything else you may have encountered,

Edited by TheShawv
  • Like 1

this and more reasons like text scaling, bulky UI borders and general screen area jamming with UI are the reasons i hate this new UI and still use the old one. 

I agree that there is still lots of tweaking that needs done but I can help with these 2 issues for you so long:

2 hours ago, TheShawv said:

3) menu bar is gone, with out a hotkey the inventory/ skills and other highly needed windows are harder to access

Under Settings -> UI -> Show old menu buttons (F keys) -> can be checked to bring back the old menu bar

2 hours ago, TheShawv said:

5) Highlight of health bars etc over animals are very annoying , please make an option to remove

Under Settings -> UI -> Show creature overlay can be unchecked to remove this

• Like 1

- When opening containers, they do not show the item stack size, you have to resize them. For the same containers it is saved for the next time, but if you open another container/pile of items, it will have the wrong size again

This his how they open:

Spoiler

sdfiheu6.jpg

Better would be show more, but take up less space:

Spoiler

87uyocrj.jpg

- UI should be able to be scaled down even more, while font size keeps the same

I love the new UI, but it's still too big.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:31 AM, TheShawv said:

1) when selecting multiple items in a stack it does not tell you how many you have selected

I'm not seeing this problem, is it still an issue for you?

yes when you open a back pack or quiver in its own window.

Also the tool belt items do not line up properly, the last item in my tool belt i can not select at all . I try to click on slot 3 and slot 2 activates.

It seems the spacing between icons is off, the farther down the toolbar i go the more it misses the tool when i click on it

Edit> It seems this happens only when the toolbelt is set vertically.

Edited by TheShawv

On 7/31/2020 at 11:22 PM, TheShawv said:

yes when you open a back pack or quiver in its own window.

OK, that is not a new UI issue.  Equipped backpacks and quivers always worked that way, listing each item individually.  Satchels and knapsacks do the same when equipped.  I'll list that as a separate issue to see if that is intended or just needs to be changed.