Sign in to follow this  
Kwibus

Hitched bison disappearing in cave on restart

I play on my own little WU server which I only start up whenever I play. Upon restart I was where I left off in the mine but the two front bison hitched to my wagon have disappeared. I've had this happen twice. The first time I lost the two bison in front so I got another bison and a horse hitched to the wagon in front and this time when I restarted the server, the front  bison had disappeared again but the horse in front was still there. I've seen something similar in this topic, but there it says it's fixed. Does anyone else have this problem?

the bug fix says about overcrowded servers, did you try wizz killing a heap of mobs as GM and then restart to see if it happens again.

Keep in mind that bugfix was posted for WO and may not have actually made it into WU, then again it also may have. *shrug*

13 hours ago, Kwibus said:

I play on my own little WU server which I only start up whenever I play. Upon restart I was where I left off in the mine but the two front bison hitched to my wagon have disappeared. I've had this happen twice. The first time I lost the two bison in front so I got another bison and a horse hitched to the wagon in front and this time when I restarted the server, the front  bison had disappeared again but the horse in front was still there. I've seen something similar in this topic, but there it says it's fixed. Does anyone else have this problem?

We've seen this a lot, too, including just yesterday.  It turned out that the bison was ACTUALLY still hitched, but its model was showing up half the map away.  When the player clicked unhitch on the empty tent, the bison popped into place where it should be. Same for missing horses on carts.

NOTE:  the animals are not leadable, as they are technically still hitched, so they don't wander and nobody else can take them.  So it's really just an annoyance.

Edited by Batta

On 7/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, Batta said:

We've seen this a lot, too, including just yesterday.  It turned out that the bison was ACTUALLY still hitched, but its model was showing up half the map away.  When the player clicked unhitch on the empty tent, the bison popped into place where it should be. Same for missing horses on carts.

NOTE:  the animals are not leadable, as they are technically still hitched, so they don't wander and nobody else can take them.  So it's really just an annoyance.

Sadly this did not work for me. Maybe because I'd already restarted the server and game in the mean time? 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:00 AM, Cuddles said:

the bug fix says about overcrowded servers, did you try wizz killing a heap of mobs as GM and then restart to see if it happens again.

Keep in mind that bugfix was posted for WO and may not have actually made it into WU, then again it also may have. *shrug*

I will give this a try, thank you!