Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dwindle

Large Backpack

A Large Backpack would be similar to any other container, except it would have one very important feature: organization.

If you're one who enjoys traveling from place to place and involving yourself in projects, you understand what it's like to try and keep items in your pack or inventory separate and under control. A Large Backpack (or Traveler's Backpack) would obviously be larger and capable of carrying larger tools in it's main compartment, but it would do so much more. The idea would be that a person could have almost everything they need on one pack that could easily be picked up or set down will little reorganization.

Large Backpack

~Large Compartment

~Medium Compartment (about the same as a current backpack)

~2-4x Small Compartments (about the same as a satchel)

~Loop*

* The "loop" for lack of better terms, would be a strap of sorts that could hold that one pesky item we all hate trying to store: the fishing pole. When character graphics like armor are added, giving us the ability to show this pack would really be neat. Attaching the pole to the loop might even show said pole attached to the side of the pack.

I think organization in this game is currently a bit too difficult. The idea that we have an "inventory" is fine I guess, but I'd rather add a bit more realism, we don't just walk around with everything in our arms. What exactly IS this inventory. Perhaps this pack could replace the current backpack from the get go and replace the inventory with it.

I love this idea. +1

Maybe it could be used as an inventory upgrade? (Optional and reversable, of course)

I think organization in this game is currently a bit too difficult. The idea that we have an "inventory" is fine I guess, but I'd rather add a bit more realism, we don't just walk around with everything in our arms. What exactly IS this inventory. Perhaps this pack could replace the current backpack from the get go and replace the inventory with it.

to this no to the rest yes

but i love to have a large backpack the size of what you came up with :)

Liked the idea of having a large backpack. But the current one is taking so much leather to make. Will 3kg be enough for this one? Or should they make the ability for bigger leather?

3kg should be enough

as you can make for eg the small compartments from cloth or more leather

but have for eg the standart large backpack only have the large and med compartment

but really irl a backpack the size i think dwindle wants it even if its made from leather doesnt weight more then 3kg

• Like 1

+1 to this and/or better inventory in general.

+1 for subdivided storage in one item. Good basic idea.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:28 AM, nekoexmachina said:

necrobump from the future

Should have waited till May 22nd! For shame.

+1 to this though. 

• Like 1

I believe a large backpack is called a rucksack.
eitherway, +1

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

lets just use MOLLE?

For reals tho, sounds cool.  I wouldn't mind money bags or grain sacks, just more containers with models so things arent so bland and plain.

+1

42 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

lets just use MOLLE?

ALICE clip or nothing!

+1

Sounds fun. Also would help tons at those inconvenient times you've died and now all ur inventory is in one carcass unsorted.

• Like 1