Sign in to follow this  
POM

Who was unable to launch client? (Error code 35)

Who was unable to launch client (Error Code 35 and silent crashes) and what's your status now?

Unable to launch from Friday 24 JUL up until about ~9:00PM UTC Sunday 26JUL.    Works now.   Win 7 64bit

• Like 1

Still getting Error 35 when I try to laungh the game. It's been 4+ days now. Could someone pls point me to the fix, if there is one. Thanks.

Edit: Oh yes., and my forum acct. mysterious got locked for 24 hrs, due to a wrong password being used multiple times. Not sure how, considering that my browser promised to keep safe for me, and has all these years.

Edited by Gumbo

10 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Could someone pls point me to the fix, if there is one. Thanks.

""Make sure you download a fresh copy and re-install - don't just launch the old installation hoping for it to connect""

they supposedly fixed it two days ago :( sad to hear you continued to be locked out,  and hope a fresh download gets you back ingame!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

they supposedly fixed it two days ago :( sad to hear you continued to be locked out,  and hope a fresh download gets you back ingame!

Thank you Brash, this has worked.

Yes, it is very sad that I was locked out and unable to participate.  Does anyone happen to know who we contact, to discuss compensation for our loss?

Edited by Gumbo

I can only suggest "the usual suspects"

But I am so glad you are back in now!!

• Like 1

Thanks, happy to finally get back in the game.

Likely others who were in the same boat as me. Trying to do this publicly, so others will know what to do, to be compensated, or given the brush off.

- Lost 4+ days worth of game time on main toon 

- Lost 4+ days of deed upkeep while not able to play on my existing Freedom toons.

- Lost out on opportunity to participate in TWO new server land rushes

- Lost out on 48 hours worth of 30% bonus skill gains and affinity perks (96 hours if you count all the people who got double rewared)

So I'm here to find out what is being offered to the people who got the royal screw job. 

Let me know pls and thank you.

Gumbo

• Like 2

Looking for confirmation from a staffer that some sort of compensation package is being decided upon for all of the people who got screwed over because of this.  If you are looking for more input from the people shafted, this would be a good place to discuss the matter.  Delays, or long wait times before bothering to address this situation, is not good.  It's a tactic used by childish people that are in the wrong, but hoping that the problem will go away, if they ignore it.  We're here to discuss this matter, not be ignored over it.

Gumbo  

• Like 1

Guess I'm not doing this right. I see others do this. @Enki  @Retrograde

Perhaps it's what I'm supposed to do, to get an official staff response here??

I will add that it was the fault of this game, not me, that I was not able to access the game to sign up and begin a fresh start. Not only did I have to deal with the bottleneck issue, which those folks were all compensated with an additional 48 hours of bonus skill and affinity time. So you cannot claim you don't compensate. 

For me however, I was subjected to the login bottleneck, as well as the "ERROR 35" launcher problem. So since I was not able play, because of Wurms fault, I will ask again.

What will be done to compensate all the people with the Error 35 game launcher bug?

Please keep in mind that us Error 35 people are instantly hamstrung, by Wurm.  There are players out there with 4+ days of 30% skilling. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't that add up to 96 hrs @ 30% skill gains.... that's 288 sleep powder equivalancy. Even at 48 hours compensation, that's 144 sleep powders we're behind,   + affinities not gained. I urge you to look into this matter promptly and make good with the people you have seemingly abandoned.

Gumbo

• Like 1

having same problem...I logged on earlier then off and when I just tried to log on now it said "Unable to connect, try again.."

@Gumbo Thanks for looking out for us!     

To be honest I was really more upset about this than I care to admit xD  After seeing the 30% skill bonus extended to compensate for the lag I really was hoping to see something done for the error 35 people who were royally screwed out of both clients for the weekend 😍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, POM said:

@Gumbo Thanks for looking out for us!     

To be honest I was really more upset about this than I care to admit xD  After seeing the 30% skill bonus extended to compensate for the lag I really was hoping to see something done for the error 35 people who were royally screwed out of both clients for the weekend 😍

No doubt there are more people who have suffered this as well, but are too shy to speak up for what they rightly deserve. Equality.

I didn't see the extended 48 hours of skilling bonus, actually solve the problem. The people who got locked out, got their 48 hrs.. sure... but the people who did manage to get in and play are getting 96 hours of bonus.  So the people locked out, are still not getting the same bonus, as those who got in right away.  Shouldn't they have done something to NOT give the second 48 hr skill window, to those who already got it?

If they extend this skill window again (for the Error 35 people), it doesn't actually compensate those who missed out. It only puts them further behind to the people who will have gotten 144 hrs or 96 hrs of skill bonus.

Edited by Gumbo

Wow !

That was some mighty fine PR by Retrograde, right there.  See how he went and replied in those two other threads that are only hours old. But this here problem that's been outstanding now for 3+ days, he ignored, again.  It takes a master of PR to ignore some peoples problems, yet pop in to other threads to do ease their minds. My hat is off to ya Retro, good work there pal, good work, thanks a ton.

Anybody from the staff going to address this issue?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, Gumbo said:

Thanks, happy to finally get back in the game.

Likely others who were in the same boat as me. Trying to do this publicly, so others will know what to do, to be compensated, or given the brush off.

- Lost 4+ days worth of game time on main toon 

- Lost 4+ days of deed upkeep while not able to play on my existing Freedom toons.

- Lost out on opportunity to participate in TWO new server land rushes

- Lost out on 48 hours worth of 30% bonus skill gains and affinity perks (96 hours if you count all the people who got double rewared)

So I'm here to find out what is being offered to the people who got the royal screw job. 

Let me know pls and thank you.

Gumbo

Gumbo has a very good point.  We pay real money for time which was taken away from us.  Players who had no intention of involvement with the new servers were blocked from being able to use the older servers.  At the very least, players with paid premium should have their premium time extended to cover the time lost.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

I only wish sleep powder or maybe some prem time had been awarded in some form or fashion throughout all this. While background bonus skillgain and affin potential are nice, they don't benefit you as a player much when there is a new shutdown or login issue every so many hours and you can't then be in game much to take advantage during the limited period. Definitely seen powders given out for less in the past, and for this monumental occasion in Wurm's history, it's not being offered. I'm not sure if it was a celebratory thing or a give-back for all the shutdowns, but it hasn't served me much due to constant issues with getting in or staying in game. 

• Like 1

I got the game fixed by reinstalling Java and using the JNLP file,  both 32 and 64bit clients are just crashing on my side when I try to reinstall the game.

41 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Wow !

That was some mighty fine PR by Retrograde, right there.  See how he went and replied in those two other threads that are only hours old. But this here problem that's been outstanding now for 3+ days, he ignored, again.  It takes a master of PR to ignore some peoples problems, yet pop in to other threads to do ease their minds. My hat is off to ya Retro, good work there pal, good work, thanks a ton.

Anybody from the staff going to address this issue?

I'm really sorry for you Gumbo. You're here since I can remember, hope they will get things sorted out for you and others who love Wurm and couldn't play for so long. I get frustrated when servers are down for half an hour, can't imagine how you guys must have felt.

That's outrageous...

• Like 1

It's like a store offering a special rebate to customers who come in on Fridays but then half the stores across the country are closed and not accessible to people on Fridays. 

Now with being told the referral fix is only available to those who were shorted after the Steam release..  

I don't envy staff right now and certainly attempts are being made to iron stuff out, but on this side, it sucks, and for many of us, we are falling through the cracks via some rigid restrictions. This should be a happy and festive time and definitely not one to hold a stiff upper lip toward loyal patrons when things go wrong. Those who are happy with the various give-backs of late are those who have been able to take advantage. It doesn't seem fair that all affected can't because of something or another. Can't take advantage of the bonus skillgain period because game always going down when real life allows entry. Can't get referral rebate now because I made the purchase shortly before the Steam rollout and not after. What are we protecting by being so rigid right now?

Gumbo, I'm sorry, it sounds like you got it even worse than some of us. The things you love the most are the things that can hurt the most 🤕

• Like 2

Bump

Any updates on this one? Anyone contacted you guys?

39 minutes ago, archer said:

Bump

Any updates on this one? Anyone contacted you guys?

Having the same problem?

No, it's about bunch of long time players who couldn't log in to Wurm for few days straight during steam launch, because of network error.

I was hoping they got compensation or at least any response from staff member.

i just deleted the game data files, and reinstalled from website. no issues after.  i find it has trouble installing the new map into the old file and backup, due to my pc copy protect.  plus had to log out all cleints to allow updates to work right.   dont delete the whole folder as you will loose set.  just the large graphic.jar or something file. all i did the past 3 server releases

2 hours ago, archer said:

No, it's about bunch of long time players who couldn't log in to Wurm for few days straight during steam launch, because of network error.

I was hoping they got compensation or at least any response from staff member.

Mhmm, purely altruistic on your part.

12 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

Mhmm, purely altruistic on your part.

I would say so, I didn't have any problems logging in during the launch (well, when servers actually went live). I've met some of those players over the decade I played wurm and I think they deserve response.