Sign in to follow this  
atazs

./playtime messed up?

[10:52:41] You have played 0 days, 14 hours and 21 minutes.

Yet my newbie buffs are expiring in 2 hours. Arent they supposed to last for 24h played?

I also played way more than 14 hours. Like i played more than half that just yesterday... 

I think I noticed weirdnesses with /playtime and buffs as well. I didn't screenshot or write down at the time, though. In any case, I even saw timer on buffs updated sometimes to display more, not less time remaining, too, as if client caught up sometimes with a slower timer on server, dunno, but then they were cut off completely at many hours remaining. I think it's one of the weird effects of the insane lag we had on new servers in the first days. My boat sailed several tiles on land after all...

I noticed this also. It's like the buffs are the "real time" and the number you get when you type /playtime are is the time that isn't true because of what I always call lag time. Which slows down the use of SB and the gaining of SB using a bed. How long a templar takes to respawn and deed upkeep.

11 hours ago, Ohana said:

I noticed this also. It's like the buffs are the "real time" and the number you get when you type /playtime are is the time that isn't true because of what I always call lag time. Which slows down the use of SB and the gaining of SB using a bed. How long a templar takes to respawn and deed upkeep.

You may be on to something there. The same reason it takes so long for Stamina to regen. 

1-2 people have complained about this recently.. but I've ignored it.. new player buff was persistent to tick only during online play times and not like affinities tick while offline.