Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Introducing Melody

adding new servers might be a good idea atm, but a month later when the initial rush will be gone there will be even more servers than ever before each having 50-100 players with no way merging them..

Other option would have been do nothing, lose tons of new players, and be right back to where we started before this Steam launch thing ever began, with server pops slowly continuing to dwindle.

Better to take a risk on ways to grow the game than to do nothing and continue to slowly bleed to death.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

im not saying doing nothing is good or that spamming new servers is bad atm, its just short lived solution.. its like if your broke and own a lot of money that is overdue a payback so you take out even bigger loan to pay it all off instead of optimising resources you already have... if you get what i mean

Edited by Skatyna

My suggestion would be the make sure that Harmony and Melody are linked as Northern Freedom Isles and easily reachable by boats between the two.  Melody's smaller size is a good thing, in my opinion, rather than another Independance-sized server like Harmony.

38 minutes ago, Tristanc said:

My suggestion would be the make sure that Harmony and Melody are linked as Northern Freedom Isles and easily reachable by boats between the two.  Melody's smaller size is a good thing, in my opinion, rather than another Independance-sized server like Harmony.

the only theoretical server merging i see is taking existing 4 servers that are 8km x 8km sized, merging them all with everything on them into 1 server 16 x 16 size.  only this way you can reduce server count later on

Sign in to follow this