Sign in to follow this  
Art

Broken season (weather)

When you login after server startup after its being down – it's summer, but if you logout and login back again – then it's suddenly winter.

It stays winter until next server restart. That happened a few times now. I can see green grass through the snow tiles too, looks like totally a bug to me:

umn61lg.png

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm on the macOS client.

Edited by Art

It should be fixed if you log out for /lotime. The new servers are running a special configuration right now that seemingly isn't perfect.

18 minutes ago, Art said:

When you login after server startup after its being down – it's summer, but if you logout and login back again – then it's suddenly winter.

It stays winter until next server restart. That happened a few times now. I can see green grass through the snow tiles too, looks like totally a bug to me:

It should not have been summer anywhere. Time (F6) says starfall of diamonds which is winter til after mid week 3 ( https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wurm_Universe#Time.2C_Seasons ).  The grass through snow look is a known issue when reconnecting. It seems to connect to some older landscape model. In fact it does not harm a lot (hope it gets fixed some day). Winter will be over past this day anyway, and only be back in 40 days ca.

7 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It should not have been summer anywhere. Time (F6) says starfall of diamonds which is winter til after mid week 3 ( https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wurm_Universe#Time.2C_Seasons ).  The grass through snow look is a known issue when reconnecting. It seems to connect to some older landscape model. In fact it does not harm a lot (hope it gets fixed some day). Winter will be over past this day anyway, and only be back in 40 days ca.

As said, it's a special feature for the new servers.