Sign in to follow this  
Whane

The rate of deed claiming surprises me

I'm and old school gamer and have been playing MMO's since before the term MMO was coined, way back when they were MUDS. My first was a MUD on AOL and you had to pay $2.99 per hour to play. I've seen land rushes before like when housing came to Asheron's Call but seeing that in just 10 hours there are already 271 claims on Harmony really did surprise me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whane said:

I'm and old school gamer and have been playing MMO's since before the term MMO was coined, way back when they were MUDS. My first was a MUD on AOL and you had to pay $2.99 per hour to play. I've seen land rushes before like when housing came to Asheron's Call but seeing that in just 10 hours there are already 271 claims on Harmony really did surprise me.

Ahh good old asherons call, my first MMO

played on wintersebb for many years, in the runeguards, remember the housing rush, gathering the mats needed to pay for it, golem hearts and what not hehe, good times.

9 minutes ago, Whane said:

Meanwhile not a single deed has been founded on Defiance, lol.

• Like 1

Xanadu was about like this, the land rush on a new server is always exciting 😛

Oh, and I played on Thistledown from launch for almost 6 years.

• Like 1

New servers always see a land rush .. .. find a spot, slap down a small deed so u can hire some templars, and get foraging for wemp so u can be first to offer ropes for sale = profit.

More would have been claimed if system would have worked properly. I tried for 1h to deed with no update on my premium status. Then I had the bright idea to relog... Anyway, it all could have worked better.

4 hours ago, Razorblade said:

Tower chaining, if it's enabled (I think it is) will slow down that process dramatically.

4 hours ago, Razorblade said:

You need to found deeds in your kingdom influence which means tower building and you need to chain towers from your spawn to where you want to deed 

Have you tried building a guard tower as a fresh character? Even in a big group it takes a long time

you also couldn't imp guard towers until patch few hours ago where they removed the 20fs requirement for it 😅