Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Login issues and Tutorial server.

Been trying to be a good sport about all the craziness with Steam, but I'm not sure how to take advantage of the extra skill gain and affin rewards when literally every time I get a chance to play there are shutdowns. Please consider some sleep powder or some prem time or something. Thx.

Yes, I have done just that, Samool.

I again removed Wurm client from my pc, then downloaded the Wurmsetup64.exe for my windows version and installed it. Trying to open it gets the same results I've been getting.

Edited by Thalius

at least it's installing on your side, both 32 and 64 bit exe files just crashes on my pc, guess I'll be using the steam launcher for the time being 😥

10 minutes ago, Johnsammy said:

at least it's installing on your side, both 32 and 64 bit exe files just crashes on my pc, guess I'll be using the steam launcher for the time being 😥

The game itself is not installing. I can't even get the client to pull up.  All I've done is get the client installed, and I'm not sure that has happened correctly, given the issues I'm still dealing with.  Also, Steam client is not an option for me. I can't get Steam to work from where I am. I've tried in the past.

I just wanted to say that to make sure there is no confusion on the issue I'm facing.  Several friends and others have messaged me, and seems I need to clarify things again with each new person, as they all seem to think I have a different issue than what I've stated.

And for the sake of clarity, given tone does not communicate well in black and white, I'm not upset with anyone for that. Communication via text alone is tough in situations like this. It is getting old having to repeat myself though, and the need for always clarifying to clear up misinformation and confusion. :P  Now I just share the link to the post I made earlier outlining things and hope that gets the point across. 😁 

My wife is getting tired of seeing me come back to the pc so often to check up on this though...

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

I can't play either.  Haven't tried to login in since the discussion about opening Melody server yesterday.  Then today it says can't update client and to check internet connection.  Internet working fine.  Restarted computer and same issue.

Just now, nicedreams said:

I can't play either.  Haven't tried to login in since the discussion about opening Melody server yesterday.  Then today it says can't update client and to check internet connection.  Internet working fine.  Restarted computer and same issue.

This should be fixed as of a client update a second ago, please try again.

3 minutes ago, Samool said:

This should be fixed as of a client update a second ago, please try again.

Removed the game from Steam and reinstalled and working now.

[11:10:44] You enter Freedom Isles.

Error 35 is no longer! Praise Samool!

Edited by steamedlunch
  • Like 1

Before the update this morning, I was able to run two clients through steam. After the update, when I go to launch the second client, I get errors for the steamAPI.

"

Unfortunately, the Wurm Online client crashed. The error was: <Failed to initialize Steam API. Make sure Steam is running.>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm online forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of temporary launch log:

"

The logs blank, is there another place to get it? Is there a way to use the non-steam client with characters created through the steam launcher?

Thanks

I still have the same issues. No change for me.

Again, in case there is any mix up- I am not using Steam client at all and do not have Steam installed. I am using the original client only.

Sorry if I sound repetitive, just trying to be clear.

Edited by Thalius

I've been playing ok the past few days on Win7-64bit, until something just a bit ago, now I also get the "client vanishes when you hit PLAY, nothing showing in taskbar"

So it got worse and not better :(

I see several servers down so either a crash or a restart ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I was able to get into the game via the JNLP launcher, as Samool suggested I try. 

I assume it is the JNLP launcher anyway. After installing it, I had three Wurm icons on my desktop- The Wurm Online "Choose Client" shortcut and the simple Wurm Online Icon I'm accustomed to seeing, and a third shortcut I'd not seen before that is a Wurm online [Live] shortcut. That one works, but it is not the new "Live" client using the new UI. It loads using the old UI. 

I assume it is the shortcut to the JNLP version of the launcher, seeing as that is the only thing I've done differently in the last three days

.d5npouo.png

5 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I've been playing ok the past few days on Win7-64bit, until something just a bit ago, now I also get the "client vanishes when you hit PLAY, nothing showing in taskbar"

So it got worse and not better :(

I also have been playing fine today and yesterday. Then this just started happening to me... I managed to get past it though and now I am back to the day 1 problem of being in the client but being unable to connect. So it seems like the server is just generally having problems again.

2 minutes ago, Kiama said:

I also have been playing fine today and yesterday. Then this just started happening to me... I managed to get past it though and now I am back to the day 1 problem of being in the client but being unable to connect. So it seems like the server is just generally having problems again.

yeah something is down

http://wurmonline.com/status-new/

Total players online:  207

We lost about 2300 people lol.

Xanadu, Harmony and Celebration were all showing at 0 for me, the others up, so seems an issue on the new host...?

I also could not reach Wurmonline.com for a short while but can now.

2 minutes ago, Kiama said:

Same here. I’m back to the Network Error message (Connection timed out) again.

Its most of the servers, not just the new ones.

Indy Deli Exodus, Chaos, Re;ease, Pristine should all be up, but the login server may be down...

http://wurmonline.com/status/

See Also:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/announcement/74-lag-and-connection-issues-sunday-928-utc/

Maybe everything will be fixed when the rest come back online :D

It is a bit annoying, if the servers are down, that the Steam Launcher reads "Servers Online" on the bottom right.

Hopefully they will find the troublemaker and resolve it.

Just now, Morfiend said:

It is a bit annoying, if the servers are down, that the Steam Launcher reads "Servers Online" on the bottom right.

Hopefully they will find the troublemaker and resolve it.

Working now.

2 hours ago, Kiama said:

Working now.

I appreciated the heads up, thanks.

Harmony is still a lil laggy but its not that bad and I haven't had any other issues otherwise. Good job :)

I've tried to install the game with the Wurmclient.jnlp but it crashes and gives me this error:

CW2Q43v.png

Looks like you have java32 bit to me, x86 is 32bit , this is just wild guess tho my eyes just focused on that one thing.

Edited by Esha

2 hours ago, Johnsammy said:

I just checked and I've gotten Java 64 bit installed

make sure you do not have both installed as many people do, and  Wurm sometimes randomly decides to use 32-bit if it is there.

I would:

1. go to Control panel, uninstall ALL java versions showing under PROGRAMS,
  2. reinstall only the 64-bit version using the manual download from this link, (pick the third option that says 64-bit, download and install from hard drive and NOT from the website using a 32 bit browser)
  3. then try it again

This is really a nice youtube walkthrough someone did for Minecraft (which often had similar issues to Wurm).  You might need to skip past the first three minutes or so because my timestamp url may not be jumping forward correctly:

• Like 2

I followed your instructions and it's working although I can now only launch the game via the jnlp client, there's no .exe launchers installed 😀

• Like 2