Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Login issues and Tutorial server.

Not a lot I can do about that really, and no idea how long that could even take to find and fix, can see it taking quite some time tbh

AHAHAHAHAHA I'm definitely not changing to a new OS (win 10) just to play Wurm Online.

• Like 1

Me neither, Just if anyone happened to have maybe a laptop, or they where holding off upgrading or whatever, I wont change either, is why I said its not worth bothering for a little while.

• Like 1

For Error code 35 i download JNLP client and

finally turned on, only on the old UI

i have windows 7

Greetings...

I posted a response to a post in the technical issues feed, but CA in the Wurm DIscord recommended I say something here-

Ever since the launch, I've been unable to launch my client. I did get into the game once, VERY early on after several failed attempts, but now no luck. I keep getting a LONG wait time with the WURM logo in the middle of the screen, and then the "Failed to get update information" error message and then the client launch attempt closes down.  I do not have a character on the new servers and I am using the old client launcher- not Steam.  I am on Xanadu, if that matters, and I can't get my client to launch at all now for over a day.

Patiently awaiting news of a fix for this.

Ive tried that, no luck for me, standalone and steam both give same error. I dont even think I get that far than I even have the JnLP file on my pc , dont even get to a launcher.

Edited by Esha

tried it, you still need a key, which I dont have

and if it all goes wrong I have no win7 disk to go back to, ill have nothing

Now I'm getting Error Code 28?
dHBEtyz.png

A few important Details:

Using Windows 10
Using the old client, same as always- not the Steam client.

Edited by Thalius

Alrighty.  I'm going to try and lay all this out there so someone out there can get a picture of what I've been dealing with. Maybe it will help.

I know that a LOT has been going on for the Wurm team since the Steam launch yesterday.  It has been crazy busy, and a great moment in Wurm history despite the bottlenecks and various log in issues that have arisen. I know you guys are busy chasing down fires and doing your best to move things along and adjust as smoothly as possible for the new players experiencing Wurm for the first time.

There seems to be an issue for a portion of the non Steam player base that is having a serious issue trying to log in. I'm one of them. I can't get my launcher to come up at all, and it has been that way since shortly after the Steam launch.

For the record, I am using Windows 10, 64bit version.  I do not have Steam and am only attempting to log into the game using the WO client I've used since I started the game over three years ago.  Here is a simplified account of what I've experienced over the last two days:

Like many, when logging into the game around the time of the launch, I could not get my client to load. I was under the assumption that there was a "queue" that I needed to wait in and eventually I'd get on. This seemed to be the case even though I was not logging into the new servers. I never got the chance to try- my client never loaded to that point.  It just sat there until I got the "Error Code 35" or "Error Code 28" message and then the client would close out.

dHBEtyz.png

That went on for much of yesterday and a good portion of this afternoon with no change.

I was told earlier this evening that I needed to uninstall Wurm and reinstall it. Ok. Did that.  Now I get the following:

When the client tries to load, I no longer get the Error Code XX message any more.
The game sits at the Wurm logo for a very long time:
kVQvsHs.png

If I click on it after five minuets or so, this happens:
rLTSI4o.png

If I try to restore the program, the client goes to the launching wurm online box:
EhB20aV.png

It freezes here and never moves on, and never shows progress.  I have to open Task Manager to close it out.

After I do that and try relaunching the client, I get this:

WpaHbY7.png

To fix that and get it to try and run again, I have to uninstall Wurm and reinstall it again. After reinstalling it, nothing changes. I go through the same process again.

When I'm stuck at this point:

rLTSI4o.png

If I select "Close Program", it asks a second time if I want to close the program and that doing so may cause some information to be lost.  If I close it out, I can attempt to relaunch the program again but with the same results.

I've tried everything I know to do to get the client to load. No luck.

I don't know if any of this will help, but I hope so. Game is broken from where I sit, and no solutions being offered at this point on how to get it fixed.

Love the game, and I know a lot is going on. Hard not to be frustrated though, being an experienced player and supporter of the game who is not  even trying to get into the new servers. I knew it was going to be a busy day and a huge load on those servers and such, but did not expect the older servers to get caught up in all of that.  Two days without my Wurm fix, and a lot going on in my valley at a time when there may be new players running around there and no chance to have a presence where I'm working.

And that is not to mention having three premium toons missing out on the 30% skillgain bonus event this weekend.  😉🤔😒

Humbly (and hopefully helpfully) submitted,
~TH~

• Like 3

Still unable to log in here        like ~36 hours so far 😠  win7 error code 35

edit:   Fresh download of client and it is now crashing on launch with no error or message

Edited by POM

yeah I'm also still having the same issues, even the setup.exe files have now gone kaput 🥺

Error codes 35 and 28 should be fixed now - if it isn't make sure to try to reinstall the client (if you're using our standalone launcher) or verify files on Steam (if you're playing through Steam).

If it still is not working, can everyone having the issue post more details on their OS? Which version of Windows (or distro of Linux) you are using and whether it's 64-bit or a 32-bit install.

• Like 1

On my windows 7 64bit I used to get error 35 when trying to launch the normal client downloaded from the website. I unistalled wurm and deleted all its components. I'v re-downloaded it and after trying to open it for the first time it said updating client. After that, the wurm logo appeared and vanished. If I click to open it now, the wurm logo appears then vanishes. It does not show it is open in the task manager. I'v decided to look in the wurm folder and it is empty.

https://imgur.com/YV2euSS

Edited by steamedlunch
  • Like 1

same issue here on my side too, and both 32 and 64bit setup.exe files are still crashing when I try to run them. The Steam launcher is working now on my PC.

GlXyDzB.png

Edited by Johnsammy

We just released another fix for the client issues. Make sure you reinstall the launcher itself and try again please.

• Like 2

ok im actually on the launcher now and downloading, so I could very well be sorted now, what about you guys after new client? I also managed to fire it up through the jave web launcher with JNLP file downloading from website. I had exact same problems, went to where wurm was usually installed and there was nothing there, it hadnt even managed to download the launcher. I have Win7 64bit

Edited by Esha

OK Problems solved for me, im into the game, thankyou very much, was expecting this to last maybe another week lol. I hope you guys can get it working too, ill hang around here in the hope I see the same.

Woohoo that last one fixed it for me thx! ❤️
Like some of the others here the one before did remove the error but just made the launcher blip out instantly after that.
Very grateful for all the effort in pushing out a fix.

Edited by Miothadil
  • Like 1

Are you totally new player Mio? what server you going to play on? if you wna team up let me no, name ingame is Bealish, PM me  , that goes for johnsummy and steamedlunch aswell if you guys get it working.

MY issue seems to remain unchanged.

I deleted all Wurm info from my pc- game files, app data, everything. Tried to make a completely fresh start.  Tried to re install the launcher after that with same results that I've been getting.

My system info:
rzVUzrP.png

If you need more info, I'd be glad to help. Let me know.

~TH~

1 hour ago, Thalius said:

MY issue seems to remain unchanged.

I deleted all Wurm info from my pc- game files, app data, everything. Tried to make a completely fresh start.  Tried to re install the launcher after that with same results that I've been getting.

My system info:
rzVUzrP.png

If you need more info, I'd be glad to help. Let me know.

~TH~

Your issue seems to be exactly the same as the one we've had reported as fixed right after that hotfix. Can you double-check that you have in fact downloaded the WurmSetup installator, ran it and only then launched the game? That has fixed it for other users.