Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Login issues and Tutorial server.

deleted the game and when I try to install with the Wurmsetup64.exe file I have just redownloaded straight from the website I get this error: GlXyDzB.png

1 hour ago, Substr said:

I'm unfortunately stuck on this screen trying to access Deli, anyone else?

Y9Q3MmK.png

For anyone getting this, apparently a restart sorted it out. Seems like some connection was never closed correctly and it still thought something was running in the background, as it wouldn't let me rename the wurm folder when I was going to test a reinstall.

So today I cannot login through Steam at all, but I can using the old client though.

I created new name and played with it yesterday, this morning got this message:

9iCJYQW.png

Edited by Syirian

Accounts created through the Steam launcher can only be accessed from there; you can't use the stand-alone launcher to login to them.  And vice versa.

We're still chasing the connection issues (as per the banner), but the general server loading issue should be better now.

All the players that had to suicide at that spawn location lost backpack, rope and pottery bowl.

Those are important items for new players and this situation should be looked into.

Edited by Bucew

rBJHM8T.png

"failed to get update information" ....according to this there's definitely connection problems on the server side. Can the Devs at least check if EVERYTHING needed is online and working?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Accounts created through the Steam launcher can only be accessed from there; you can't use the stand-alone launcher to login to them.  And vice versa.

We're still chasing the connection issues (as per the banner), but the general server loading issue should be better now.

I created new character through the website, and then login and played on Steam and using the old client.

LQXB7SK.jpg

The problem won't give up

Edited by Januszsram
  • Like 2

Bunn has made a support ticket about this error, we just gotta wait for them to get it sorted since it's possibly a network connection error.

Does the error code: 35 has anything in common to Windows version (win7 here)? One guy said ppl with win10 don't have the problem.

• Like 1

Going on 20 hours now with error code 35. When the servers first launched it said error code 7, then changed to 35. I was going to play the pvp server but I might just not play at all.

1 hour ago, Sappiro said:

Does the error code: 35 has anything in common to Windows version (win7 here)? One guy said ppl with win10 don't have the problem.

I get the error 35 on Win7 as well..

Downloading windows 32 bit allowed me to download the client, but when opening it does not show the client. It shows in my task manager as if its there.

I payed for premium for 2 accounts already to reach high faith before anyone else. Can i get a refund since I am not able to compete in the faith race?

Same problem for me too, exactly the same, Win7, tried 32bit client, and 32bit java etc all combos, standalone and steam clients,same error35. can see 32bit client running i ntask manager but doesnt fire up, have to manually close it.  played with the standalone for around 8 years but since the update yesterday its been like this.

• Like 2

and when will you be looking in to the horrible lag that makes the new servers completely un playable for me at this time

I know the devs worked tirelessly yesterday and for that I am grateful! I could only imagine the stress induced by yesterday’s login issues and the pain felt when looking at the steam reviews.
I hate being critical, especially towards people who I know are as passionate about this game as I am and work so hard to provide us the game we love. However, I know that you guys are thinking back over the last weeks or months in your minds thinking...”what could we have done differently to have prevent this?” The  answer to this question is that you could have communicated your plans to the community earlier.

You should have told the community that you were building a new tutorial, that you were going to use golden valley, that all new accounts going to be logging in to the same place. You should have had it publicly tested prior to launch. With more people thinking about it, someone would have seen the problem that was going to arise. More feedback would have been given so that you would have been able to make a more informed decision about whether golden valley would suffice.

There were several people who asked about the starter area and tutorial in the FAQ thread and it did not go unnoticed that there was a refusal to answer these questions. There was plenty of opportunity to share this information and set up a scenario where you could test the limitations of the server set up prior to launch with the help of the community. 

I truly hope that the dev team learns from this experience and reevaluates their policy on being so secretive about the work that is being done. I understand that historically, the dev team has gotten in trouble for sharing info only to have to go back on things that were said which resulted in huge backlash from the player base. But there are alternatives to just keeping the door shut and the information gated. Try adjusting the language used when announcing things to something like “We are looking at the possibility of adding bridges...” or “One solution to the issues that we are looking into is to put the tutorial and login server on golden valley...” rather than making promises (Bridges will be in by Christmas) or just keeping silent on the issue and hoping things go without a hitch. The community of players who are passionate about this game would back you up if you collaborate, brainstorm and problem solve with them. However, if you alienate them and release secret projects behind their backs that turn out to flop, you will find that those players will be left with the feeling that they have been betrayed, isolated and left out.

I hope that yesterday’s events did not critically affect anything long term, but I know it definitely left a stain. I want to see this game succeed as much as the devs so I felt I had to say something about what I think needs to change to prevent future stains, especially now that the player base has grown substantially overnight. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past and let’s move forward with a clear vision of the games future.

• Like 8

I also get the error 35 now on the standalone launcher on win7 64bit. I do not have it on steam.

It launched fine for me the last week when me and my friends tried it for the first time on the old servers to prepare ourselves a bit for the new server.

It also launched smoothly enough for me yesterday after making a new account just after release. And we had a lot of fun playing till early morning when we were informed the server was going down for maintenance. It mentioned it should have already been down. We all logged out when there was a minute to go, just in case ya know ;)
This afternoon I got premium because we were having so much fun with it.
But when I tried the shortcut to wurm online it just gave me the error 35 and that was it.

I have tried:
- uninstalling the 64bit client and installing the 32bit client (I did not install to the default directory but to my game drive)
- installing the latest 64bit java

- some googled launcher shortcut stuff people here tried in 2017, but that didn't take.

- some more google mentioned network issues, that reminded me of some recent troubles with star citizen, so I tried a dns flush.

None of those attempts had the desired result. If I try the 32bit client it doesn't give me the error 35 anymore, but it just blips out and does nothing. (waited ages) But can still be found in the task manager like others have mentioned.

All my friends did get in and they do have win10. (I really should too I know, and I have some parts for a new build standing by, but sourcing the rest has been difficult and I have postponed the new build to around september hoping things will be a bit better by then.)

Edited by Miothadil

~20 hours so far of error code 35    win7 here

3 hours ago, POM said:

~20 hours so far of error code 35    win7 here

sAME

LOL I still can't even reinstall the game with the WurmSetup.exe

That's also still crashing 😀

Looks like someone who had the same problems along with us has sorted it, by installing windows 10, so if you can get hold of that you could be good to go. Guess those of us that dont  have it or cant get it should probably stop wasting our time trying for now.

I have windows 7 and don't have this error.... just saying it might not be 100 percent win7 vs win10.

I reinstalled the game with the 64 bit executable about two weeks ago (? just before UI went to Live, when I was posting that I didn't have the "Choose Client" option and was told to install the exe) so likely it is something added to the wurm code since then.

Hate to suggest someone change operating systems if it is a bug they'll fix in a week.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

well I have been playing totally fine on the standalone till the update yesterday, then no luck since then, so yeah I do believe its not my end.