Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Login issues and Tutorial server.

2 minutes ago, Jotz said:

If you press the "Quote" underneath someones post, it will crop it into a new message like the one you see above what I've typed here.

Though mainly commenting on your post because of how accurate it is that many MMO's have a rocky launch start.

Thank you, New world beta was supposed to be the 23rd so i decided to take work off the 24 and 25th bc i knew it would be rocky.

Is anyone able to get in yet? Or still getting Network Error Connection timed out everytime

Just now, Salis said:

Is anyone able to get in yet? Or still getting Network Error Connection timed out everytime

http://wurmonline.com/status/

All game servers are still down. The devs are currently testing the login servers, it seems.

I am a bit bummed as i was imping away in a good groove and since have lost my motivation. I do realize stuff happens and I am ok with that and will wait until its up or just come back in the morning it is no big deal.

However what does bother me a bit is when we are here on the forums waiting and other social media outlets are being progress updated. I just so happen to be on discord reading another games update and saw this flash by 44 minutes ago.

Retrograde Hi Everyone, we're still working through the issues of throwing in a new server and this may mean an extended downtime, we will continue to work through it!

Is it so hard to just post it here also? Copy Paste?

• Like 4

Screw the sleep bonus, give us gold, or at least some silver. this is annoying af

Just now, DaletheGood said:

Screw the sleep bonus, give us gold, or at least some silver. this is annoying af

They gave you an extra two days of 30% extra skill gain. There's your reward, now stop whining.

I think the worst is those who are not playing in the new servers. Its not only the new servers being affected, but the old ones too.

Cant wait to play lets get these servers up and working. 

I'm just happy i saw over 1300 people in wurm online at a single time...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Razorblade said:

They gave you an extra two days of 30% extra skill gain. There's your reward, now stop whining.

I don't care about the skill gain and i'm not going to the new servers, so uh, I'll say whatever tf I want

Servers are nearly all up - just waiting on Indy and Xan :)

27 minutes ago, Evilvision said:

However what does bother me a bit is when we are here on the forums waiting and other social media outlets are being progress updated. I just so happen to be on discord reading another games update and saw this flash by 44 minutes ago.

Retrograde Hi Everyone, we're still working through the issues of throwing in a new server and this may mean an extended downtime, we will continue to work through it!

Is it so hard to just post it here also? Copy Paste?

I agree.......

I think Retro mentioned in the original post that they were adding Haven as a new tutorial only server.  At least that's how I understood it - anyway - it's great that the servers are back online! Happy Wurming everyone! :D 

What are these new servers everyone is talking about?  Why isn't Xanadu up?  I've got ships to build dagnabbit!  ;) 

Got in at least, so name is safe, but reconnecting every couple of minutes once at Harmony, and now disconnected completely.

8 minutes ago, Muse said:

I think Retro mentioned in the original post that they were adding Haven as a new tutorial only server.  At least that's how I understood it - anyway - it's great that the servers are back online! Happy Wurming everyone! :D 

Yes he did mention but what i posted was a update during this wait put out on discord only. Kinda like this one when the servers started coming up.

Discord

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 12:50 AM
@everyone Thank you SO much for your patience, announcing Haven as our very own dedicated tutorial server! https://steamcommunity.com/games/1179680/announcements/detail/2736451422511030578

Just saying give a little love to the forums so we do not have to guess where we should go to be watching for a update on status. Discord? Twitter? Facebook?

• Like 1

12 hours later I'm able to get in, but when I click on the portal to get out of starter I keep getting "[22:14:08] This portal is only available to new players currently.".

edit:  Keep reconnecting too and can't use portal so I'm out for the night.

Edited by nicedreams

19 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Got in at least, so name is safe, but reconnecting every couple of minutes once at Harmony, and now disconnected completely.

Scratch that, haven't got to Harmony yet.  Stuck at Thresshold

Ok, some things in the 15 minutes I have been attempting to play:

NOBODY is answering questions in CA Help. This is not good. There are new players all around trying to ask questions, and nobody can answer them. 

NOBODY from staff is updating the new players in Haven. 

COMMUNICATE. It goes a long way towards saving the game.

*edit* Muse did answer a question in CA, she told someone to go to Harmony they have to roll a new character since they're on Indy and characters can't move from Indy to Harmony, not knowing  new characters spawn at Haven now. I'm glad she's trying to help, but maybe someone on staff should be doing so, so correct information is given.

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

12 hours later I'm able to get in, but when I click on the portal to get out of starter I keep getting "[22:14:08] This portal is only available to new players currently.".

edit:  Keep reconnecting too and can't use portal so I'm out for the night.

Couldn't sleep.  Tried again.  Got in and could use portal this time with no errors.

I'm unfortunately stuck on this screen trying to access Deli, anyone else?

Y9Q3MmK.png

40 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

*edit* Muse did answer a question in CA, she told someone to go to Harmony they have to roll a new character since they're on Indy and characters can't move from Indy to Harmony, not knowing  new characters spawn at Haven now. I'm glad she's trying to help, but maybe someone on staff should be doing so, so correct information is given.

That is correct though, isn;t it? Haven is the name of a new tutorial server, named after the tutorial town on Indy but this one is not ON indy, so that any new player who was on Independence actually would have to make an entirely new character if they wanted to go to Harmony?  That is why Haven is listed with its own separate population here: http://wurmonline.com/status/        146 people on Haven, while 60 on Indy, because Haven is its own server

Or am I misunderstanding something, and this new person was not actually on Indy?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors