Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Login issues and Tutorial server.

Hi everyone!

First of all, we want to say thank you for all your patience as we work through the login issues we have encountered, it's been a crazy period, and we'll be working through it all asap!

To address the main issues of connectivity, we have taken steps to shift the tutorial server away from the login server. We will be launching Haven as the tutorial server only! This change will mean the connection issues faced this evening should be addressed.

We're in the final steps of sorting this out and may require a restart for them all to be fully connected, and you will all be able to connect smoothly!

The 30% bonus skill gain and affinity event will be extended by two days to account for the bumpy start.

Thank you for your patience and keep on Wurming!

• Like 5

That was a quick nap!

Awesomeness, thank you.

Crashing is often a good sign when new things first release!

Cheers

Last time you mentioned something happening "shortly" it was 7 hours before an update was given and still no fix. Is there a timeframe for this? 

• Like 1

Might be worth just disabling the tutorial for a bit till you can get things sorted just let people log on and pick a server. Just keep a GM there to help if anyone needs it.  

Cheers for addressing the connection issues, guys, and for all your hard work in these challenging times.

And of course, for extending the buffs.

Please look into regional pricing and subscription through steam like the majority of other games do it. Thanks for what you do.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ektomorf said:

Please look into regional pricing and subscription through steam like the majority of other games do it. Thanks for what you do.

+1 for regional prices on the steam client store.

ahh ic looks like they have the servers down.. thanks

I think this is a very smart move to keep tutorial and login servers separate, and we'll all start to see the benefits. :) 

Keep going everyone, it will be worth it. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Alpengeist said:

Says servers online but no luck getting in yet.

Most of the servers are still down. It looks like the devs are currently testing Haven and Golden Valley to make sure they work.

Just now, Alpengeist said:

According to the link razor posted the log on server is up but the game servers are down. 

1 minute ago, Alpengeist said:

For some reason the only servers online are 

Golden Valley

Celebration

haven 

Harmony 

The rest are offline

Account creation confirmation security certificate(register.wurmonline.com) is being rejected.

"Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server’s certificate."

Its 8:40 PM west coast and you can see that even the forum has become less active, I think this last quick emergency 45 minute fix that is now going on an hour and a half is well the final nail in the coffin.

They could have gained a substantial amount of people today but now I fear they will have gained chicken scratch....

I am not sure how things work but having a server that has like four new player spawns might help break up the load over everyone logging into the same small area. Just bring them in at random spots or something also a que of some kind might be needed if the server is full.. idk  

Seems a shame they have waited all this time to get on Steam and now this might have lost a bunch of potential subscribers. 

I am still try to get in but im also not even a secured player i just wanna see what its like and i have time to kill.

1 minute ago, Zerceo said:

I am still try to get in but im also not even a secured player i just wanna see what its like and i have time to kill.

The servers are down. They will be up soon. Look at this link: http://wurmonline.com/status/

When all of the servers say they are online, you'll be able to log in.

not sure how to reply to someones post but anyways. Ive been waiting and i dont mind i know most games have a rocky launch and i just keep trying until it works like the release of classic wow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zerceo said:

not sure how to reply to someones post but anyways. Ive been waiting and i dont mind i know most games have a rocky launch and i just keep trying until it works like the release of classic wow.

The topic is the thread, and does not have subthreads.  You can click "Quote" to quote a particular post in your reply to identify that you are responding to it.

5 minutes ago, Zerceo said:

If you press the "Quote" underneath someones post, it will crop it into a new message like the one you see above what I've typed here.

Though mainly commenting on your post because of how accurate it is that many MMO's have a rocky launch start.

• Like 1