Sign in to follow this  
Astroe

All screens go Black and CPU fans go crazy after 5 minutes of playing

Just like the titles says.  After I got on, about 30 minutes later I had all my monitors go black and CPU fan went crazy fast.  Nothing on my screens and nothing I can do but restart PC. 

Ive ran tempts which were fine, I have memory allocated to java, I even checked my thermal compound on my GPU and CPU, Its all fine.  Im not sure what else I can do especially since 

my computer goes black when It happens.  Is there anything else I can do? 

Ive ran tests and everything's fine on my end, from what I can see. It must be a game issue? 

I apologize if you've thought to do these already, but for the sake of redundancy double check that you've updated your GPU drivers. Use a temperature monitoring program to see if Wurm is causing your GPU to overheat. Benchmark test your GPU on something more aggressive to see if you can replicate the issue elsewhere. If the issue doesn't happen anywhere else then you know it's likely something related to Wurm.

Go to post-process in settings and disable "Ambient Occlusion".  I had the same issue when weather update happened and was killing my Nvidia 2070.  I played with some other settings too though, but I think that's the one that made card not stress out.

12 hours ago, Astroe said:

Just like the titles says.  After I got on, about 30 minutes later I had all my monitors go black and CPU fan went crazy fast.  Nothing on my screens and nothing I can do but restart PC. 

Ive ran tempts which were fine, I have memory allocated to java, I even checked my thermal compound on my GPU and CPU, Its all fine.  Im not sure what else I can do especially since 

my computer goes black when It happens.  Is there anything else I can do? 

Ive ran tests and everything's fine on my end, from what I can see. It must be a game issue? 

I’ve had the same problem. It’s driving me mad. As you say, either the screen goes blank, computer restarts, or screen goes blank and fan goes crazy.

Have an nvidia GTX780 graphics card. Things I’ve tried:

Uninstall/reinstall video drivers

Uninstall/reinstall Java (tried Java 8, 11 and 14)

Underclocked my CPU

Played around with various Wurm settings

Have monitored system temp, and checked RAM

Only happens with Wurm Online. Wurm Unlimited works ok.

Any suggestions to this annoying issue. It’s making play impossible!

2 hours ago, Goodwin said:

I’ve had the same problem. It’s driving me mad. As you say, either the screen goes blank, computer restarts, or screen goes blank and fan goes crazy.

Have an nvidia GTX780 graphics card. Things I’ve tried:

Uninstall/reinstall video drivers

Uninstall/reinstall Java (tried Java 8, 11 and 14)

Underclocked my CPU

Played around with various Wurm settings

Have monitored system temp, and checked RAM

Only happens with Wurm Online. Wurm Unlimited works ok.

Any suggestions to this annoying issue. It’s making play impossible!

Exactly whats happening to me!  

I have an NVIDIA 2060 GPU- Ryzen 7 CPU- DDR4 32gb

I have tried everything you have and more. Its only happening only on Wurm Online and its frustrating, but Im not 

sure what else to try?  or how to get some kind of crash report to send to devs?

47 minutes ago, Astroe said:

Exactly whats happening to me!  

I have an NVIDIA 2060 GPU- Ryzen 7 CPU- DDR4 32gb

I have tried everything you have and more. Its only happening only on Wurm Online and its frustrating, but Im not 

sure what else to try?  or how to get some kind of crash report to send to devs?

I’ve only recently tried what nicedreams mentioned. I set Ambient Occlusion to “Off”, and so far I haven’t crashed for quite some time. I’ll keep monitoring, and if you haven’t already tried it, give it a go.