Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Client not starting.

I'm going to guess this may be connected with steam launch - but the on macOS the normal non-steam client is no longer launching. So, can't connect as my main character on Xanadu...

The only indication of what may be happening is an error in the system log.

Jul 24 21:04:06 paul com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (CCAB.WurmLauncherApp.33712[966]): Service exited with abnormal code: 255

This is with macOS v10.15.6, and was running with out a problem before the downtime Steam launch, and long enough afterwards to get through the tutorial on GV and out the portal to the new servers...

----

Ignore that - just tried again and the launcher has just updated itself - still can't connect to any servers but...

Edited by Wulfmaer

theres nothing wrong. Thing is every time you log in wurm (new acc or old) you log in thru log in server, that is revived golden valley now. That log in server has a capacity of 80 ppl. some of them go in and out in seconds, some of them are doing tutorials (new steamers). either way that log in server is maxed out now so you cant log in onto any servers. just keep reconnecting and you will get in

The launcher wasn't even loading, so a lot earlier than trying to login... Probably also problems with the update server...

Yes, that is likely the update server overloaded here.

2 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

The launcher wasn't even loading, so a lot earlier than trying to login... Probably also problems with the update server...

yeah that was about an hour ago. Now update server works, but hard to log in :D

In my experience any time a game tries to do anything with Steam, so many issues occur.   I'm not anti steam necessarily but I think it's overrated, IMO and they need to update the software they use because downloading patches on many games takes several hours because Steam will reinstall the game rather then just do a proper patch.  I'm sure some of that could be the game interface but when it only does it on Steam and not through the game client it tells me the problem may be Steam.

I too cannot log in to game.  Connection network error.  Will just keep trying I guess.  Hope they get this issue resolved and isn't an ongoing issue.

Edited by Exodus

22 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Connection network error.  Will just keep trying I guess.  Hope they get this issue resolved and isn't an ongoing issue.

Your not alone. I know I'm getting the network error. A few others I know are waiting to log into game. Wurms got problems.

To only have space for 80 players isn't wise...150 - 200 yeah. There should be a cue telling us what place we're waiting in.