Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

anyone know?

how to create a game shortcut that would launch you old UI? now i can do choose client and select old Ui, but after leaving the game and restarting it, it re-downloads the new UI and starts it. I want the old UI to be default and that i wouldnt have to go thru client selection every time to load a game. Thanks

• Like 1

I don't believe there's a way to set a default. I believe you'll have to select every time. 

Just now, Bakhita said:

I don't believe there's a way to set a default. I believe you'll have to select every time. 

thats wank then. before if you choose other client once it goes default from that point, but not any more. i personally hate that new UI 😕

There should be an argument to WurmLauncher or WurmLauncher.exe similar to the WurmLauncher -lowmem (WurmLauncher.exe /lowmem or so in Windows) call. Be a bit patient and let the devs sort out the current woes.

If I am right, you would have to edit the program call in the starter icon properties (or how that is called) with an according tool. I recall to have done such in Windows too, in Linux it is dead easy. I prefer command line over clicking though.

Edited by Ekcin

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

Be a bit patient and let the devs sort out the current woes.

yeah lol. not bothered with that. im in game :D i was thinking too that there should be a way.. as like when you go on the shortcut "properties", the general one is "D:\Wurm Online\WurmLauncher64.exe", but if you add "-c" in the end making it 

"D:\Wurm Online\WurmLauncher64.exe" -c that brings you the client selection menu. Im certain there should be a specific ending to make it run "Old UI" too. Just cant figure it out 😕

Btw would be a suggestion that the WurmLauncher executable should have a unix style usage section where WurmLauncher(.exe) -? or -h would display which arguments are working

Running:

WurmLauncher -client "Live - Old UI"

worked for me on Linux (where "Live - Old UI" is the menu option with caps and spacing exactly as shown in the menu).  This is not documented anywhere, and I think they are intentionally not sharing this information trying to get users to use the new UI.  I hate it, Wife hates it, and we are sticking with the old UI until/if they make some improvements (already documented) to the new UI.

For Windows, you can probably run something like you show above:

D:\Wurm Online\WurmLauncher64.exe -client "Live - Old UI"

I hope it works for you!  Best of luck.

• Like 2

Some how i have a window pop up asking what UI i wish to use , not sure how i got it , but its nice ..

i use command line option -lowmem , goes to old ui and i still have no mem :)

• Like 3