Sign in to follow this  
steamedlunch

Failed to get update information

When I try to open my Wurm client it pops up with a message saying

Failed to get update information. Check your internet connection and firewall settings, or try downloading the game again at https://wurmonline.com/

Error code: 35

If anyone can tell me what error code 35 is, it would be much appreciated

still getting this as well =[     Steam killed the login servers that we also use?

I have the same problem, downloading the new installer does not help.

rBJHM8T.png

I got this when trying to login with the old luancher, uninstalled and downloaded the setup file from the website, now I'm getting this:

GlXyDzB.png

What in the actual ###### is going on?

Someone had the same problem and said it was fixed once using the 32 version 

99de401c63.png

• Like 1

991273f91b.jpg  99de401c63.png

Tried for few hours to launch64, instead launched 32 and it worked as far

• Like 1

I have the same problem :(

Edited by MrLolan
  • Like 1

I downloaded 32bit, and it would download the client and not give me the 35 error. When I click to launch them the client does not pull up, but shows up in the task manager

• Like 1

Exact same problem, tried the same workaround but no luck

• Like 1

any kinda updates on this issue perhaps? I downloaded the setup.exe 32 and 64 bit but they also just crash when running them, my Java's up to date.

still not working for me today.  Trying 32 bit shortly..

32 bit just doesn't work for me :P 

Is it just a few of us suffering with this or is it because of the thousands trying to connect on steam??   Thanks

• Like 1

I'll post this here as well if this is the better place for it :)

I also get the error 35 now on the standalone launcher on win7 64bit. I do not have it on steam.

It launched fine for me the last week when me and my friends tried it for the first time on the old servers to prepare ourselves a bit for the new server.

It also launched smoothly enough for me yesterday after making a new account just after release. And we had a lot of fun playing till early morning when we were informed the server was going down for maintenance. It mentioned it should have already been down. We all logged out when there was a minute to go, just in case ya know ;)
This afternoon I got premium because we were have so much fun with it.
But when I tried the shortcut to wurm online it just gave me the error 35 and that was it.

I have tried:
- uninstalling the 64bit client and installing the 32bit client (I did not install to the default directory but to my game drive)
- installing the latest 64bit java

- some googled launcher shortcut stuff people here tried in 2017, but that didn't take.

- some more google mentioned network issues, that reminded me of some recent troubles with star citizen, so I tried a dns flush.

None of those attempts had the desired result. If I try the 32bit client it doesn't give me the error 35 anymore, but it just blips out and does nothing. (waited ages) But can still be found in the task manager like others have mentioned.

All my friends did get in and they do have win10. (I really should too I know, and I have some parts for a new build standing by, but sourcing the rest has been difficult and I have postponed the new build to around september hoping things will be a bit better by then.)

• Like 1

I changed my system to windows 10 and it works.
I had Windows 7 64bit.

Well I have no way of getting hold of windows10 so I guess thats the end of that one.

4 consecutive years of wurm and this is my first encounter of any error of any kind.

still unable to connect on windows 7