Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Availability to paly from scratch on new servers with old Epic character

Recently i found that actually 6 of my characters which never use the PVE portal on Independes are availabe to play on new servers. But one of my really old character unable to do so, because she got shes skills transered from Epic to Freedom on Xanadu release, but technically i never played there. So can i ask please to add an option when you use PVE portal on Independence, option to reset my progress on Freedom without touching my Epic progress. The problem is, when i first time used the Epic portal, i have to choose what server i start because this is old character and the starter location are changed from that time. When i use Epic portal first time i had to shoose server and i shoose Xanadu, but i relally never played there, i have no items there, only outdated skills i got transfered to there long time ago. For example, when i first time use Epic portal with my priest character it just bring me back to Independence, and actually i can use PVE portal there to be able to start on new servers. Can you do that option for old characters that dont care about their progress on freedom? I already stant there i see how people cry about they cant play there with theirs old accounts. You can fix it many ways we talket about in other thread, but this is an option too and i believe really easy to do because Epic and Feedom characters acutally are completly separeted, i even have no play time titles on freedom which i have on Epic for premium play time.
When i use portal with old Epic character created in 2013 i get message: [21:13:07] This portal is only available to new players currently.

When i use not so old Epic character but already played on Epic for few month i actually able to choose new servers when i use PVE portal on Independence.

Edited by Nelsy

Quote from the blue line (Accounts for New servers) at the top of the forum:

At this point any accounts you create will not go to the servers that will be released today, and will not be able to transfer there. This announcement will be changed to indicate when you can create characters that will be able to go to Northern Freedom Isles.

1 minute ago, neopherus said:

At this point any accounts you create will not go to the servers that will be released today, and will not be able to transfer there. This announcement will be changed to indicate when you can create characters that will be able to go to Northern Freedom Isles.

That actually not true, did you ever try do what i sad?

17 minutes ago, neopherus said:

That not your fault, i believe that you just never played on Epic servers and that why you dont know what i talking about. But i only played on Epic servers before, and as i sad all my charactes been use Epic portal on Independens in order to start on Epic cluster and never use PVE portal. So that actually as i noticed today all of this characters are able to use PVE portal, and there was option to choose new servers. When you do the same on some character that used PVE portal before you will get message that you cant use it anymore. The problem my main character never uset PVE portal, but she got transfered she's skills to Freedom few years ago and i believe that was count as i used PVE portal so i can use it now only with other characters. As i suggested here, is get an option to reset your progress on Freedom servers in order to start on new servers, the same as my other alts can do without any reset because they never been on other servers except Independence and Epic cluster. 

Edited by Nelsy

28 minutes ago, neopherus said:

Looks like you are right, but i have no idea why it work like this. This looks like artificial limitation

54 minutes ago, neopherus said:

But i actually getting the same message on trully made new account just few minutes ago [22:50:56] You can transfer to this server only through other Northern Isles servers.
The same message i getting with my other characters that never used PVE portal before. So there is still chance to get there with my old accounts

There is no chance at all whatsoever.

We even tried with accounts that existed on Golden Valley for almost a decade, but the portals themselves are coded in a way that only newly created characters can use them. 

The devs have been extremely clear on this and it will not change until or if the servers connect to the rest of the cluster which is unknown at this moment

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1