Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New lands are waiting...

2 minutes ago, Aart said:

Can any dev confirm this, there's some players reporting that the map released and the actual in game map are not the same maps? In terms of the pve map

hmmm have they created another pvp and pve map to compensate???  would be the logical thing to do...

5 minutes ago, sulfurblade said:

hmmm have they created another pvp and pve map to compensate???  would be the logical thing to do...

Not sure. I'm positive many people used the pictures of the new maps to plan out where they want to travel and deed before launch, but now I'm hearing those pictures and the actual in game landmass do not line up.

Edited by Aart

New lands are waiting...

But I can't log on. It is nice, realy nice. Grats!

2 minutes ago, sulfurblade said:

Capacity on Harmony is not the issue. There is a live stream on steam showing that world is running fine. The problem is the login server is a bottleneck at the moment. It would be logical to have some kind of compensation and yeah a fresh map without a bottleneck would be the only real way to make up for my ruined evening but I am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

For 3 hours iv opened and close my client trying to download it.. what a shame this is

I'm trying to get to Harmony. I'm at the place where you commit suicide to respawn but Im only give the Options Beginning, Boar Hill, Gateways, and Westerford? Where should I go?

Edited by Poveglia

5 minutes ago, Poveglia said:

I'm trying to get to Harmony. I'm at the place where you commit suicide to respawn but Im only give the Options Beginning, Boar Hill, Gateways, and Westerford?

The portal to the new server cluster is in the Beginnings deed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiama said:

Capacity on Harmony is not the issue. There is a live stream on steam showing that world is running fine. The problem is the login server is a bottleneck at the moment. It would be logical to have some kind of compensation and yeah a fresh map without a bottleneck would be the only real way to make up for my ruined evening but I am not holding my breath.

All maps have a max of 500 16*16 already run crappy with a few people now fill em up with 500 each and you still have a few more thousand people wanting to play!!!

I don't know about you but 2500 on Steam = more then 1000 Player capacity across 2 steam servers?!?  I know my math aint great....

4 hours of spamming this reconnect button.  Still can't get into the login server.

Dont be so negative, guys. Just imagine the release date was announced as 25th. I'm actually happy that the game managed not only to gather all the old players back, but also to attract so many new ones that it DDoSed the servers. Mb there's a chance we'll have an extra server map for PvE to divide the playerbase.

Well... going to bed I guess :( That was a sad evening.

11 minutes ago, Ektomorf said:

Dont be so negative, guys. Just imagine the release date was announced as 25th. I'm actually happy that the game managed not only to gather all the old players back, but also to attract so many new ones that it DDoSed the servers. Mb there's a chance we'll have an extra server map for PvE to divide the playerbase.

Problem is it spooked off a yuge amount of those new players from what I'm reading.  Shot themselves in the foot epicly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Problem is it spooked off a yuge amount of those new players from what I'm reading.  Shot themselves in the foot epicly.

Well, with Niarja reporting over 450 players, i'm not sure it's spooked as many as people think, that a lot for any server, what might it have been if GV had been able to handle more logins?

I am so fed up.  How ridiculously bad this is.  New players will just give up in fury.  Old players, like me, who've sat here trying to get in for hours, having to give up and go to bed.  I am not going to be impressed if I find all the best spots already deeded because I couldn't get in.  and....who's going to give me these hours of my life back?  I have a headache..off to stuff myself with apple crumble as a consolation prize.  With ice cream! 

• Cat 1

I know it is a pain not being able to access the new servers but it is going to be a long haul to make a new 'life' there. 

There are going to be  a lot of people working hard to sort out the teething issues and as someone has already said there are going to be loads of great places for people to settle for many weeks.

Hopefully, you will get on soon, if not, then you will hopefully log on tomorrow and have a great time.

As the adage says, 'Everything comes to him/he who waits'- this will hopefully be proved to be true.

Good luck everyone whether you be players or developers.

Just now, Arelia said:

I am so fed up.  How ridiculously bad this is.  New players will just give up in fury.  Old players, like me, who've sat here trying to get in for hours, having to give up and go to bed.  I am not going to be impressed if I find all the best spots already deeded because I couldn't get in.  and....who's going to give me these hours of my life back?  I have a headache..off to stuff myself with apple crumble as a consolation prize.  With ice cream! 

I feel your pain, while it may be a double edged blade, Harmony has now gone over 500 players, so not everyone is discouraged, I'm just taking a break from Enderal (Skyrim total conversion), and trying again for a while, before finishing off the night with some Euro Truck driving ...

Cant log on in the Steam launcher or in the original launcher. Both just get stuck on the loading screen. Did the new server screw it up for the old servers as well? Cant log onto the character I've had for 6 years now.

Actually, I see the log in problems as a good thing. It shows demand is far outstripping what was expected. In the long run this can only be a good thing.

I have a lot of sympathy for the IT team right now. They are likely going to be working through the night and under a lot of stress. Don't worry guys, we can be patient.

• Like 2