Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New lands are waiting...

So i dont understand. Will you not open up the steam download early so that people can create a character early on the steam client and join the rush? Or will only the veterans that know create a character an dbe standing at the portal when steam people start downloading?

3 minutes ago, Wurmfarm said:

So i dont understand. Will you not open up the steam download early so that people can create a character early on the steam client and join the rush? Or will only the veterans that know create a character an dbe standing at the portal when steam people start downloading?

Does the few min really matter that much?

44 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Something i hope they will point out too is and i quote "In an upcoming (insert missing word?) fences in a small area attached to a building will be protected against bashing." -retrograde 25th july  @12:54:54am NZST 

Thats fantastic news

• Like 1

where will the start town be for Harmony?

no one knows and they dont seem to want to tell us - 2 deeds on harmony so prob 2 starter towns

There are 2 starter deeds on Harmony, one in the North and one in the South.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pandalet said:

Printscreen or it didnt happend lol 

and can you point them out on the map Pandalet 😜

Thank you, when can we pre load the steam version?

1 minute ago, Rhianna said:

and can you point them out on the map Pandalet 😜

I can, yes.

😉

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

24 minutes ago, Wurmfarm said:

It really won't matter in the long term. Even if you allow someone in a few minutes or hours earlier there's a ton of work that has to go in first to scout out land, build towers, build a deed, craft goods. There's really no advantage given here. 

maybe he was joking about giving us a location

So I checked to see if a name was taken and was sent an email to continue the registration  process but i didn't click the link, when i click the link to complete the process will that character be on the new area or old?

Just now, Badvoc said:

So I checked to see if a name was taken and was sent an email to continue the registration  process but i didn't click the link, when i click the link to complete the process will that character be on the new area or old?

Old servers as of this time. They will make an announcement when it's safe to create characters for Harmony & Defiance. Samool made a post a couple pages back in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Satch said:

Old servers as of this time. They will make an announcement when it's safe to create characters for Harmony & Defiance. Samool made a post a couple pages back in this thread.

So even though the character reg isnt complete it would still go to the old world due to checking the name?    

So would have to wait the 2 days for the name to drop...... darn lol

Edited by Badvoc

I wonder how many people have locked their preferred player names because they have no patience and don't follow directions.

1 minute ago, Badvoc said:

So even though the character reg isnt complete it would still go to the old world due to checking the name?    

Most likely yes.

Just now, Badvoc said:

I guess that part I don't know. If you didn't complete the confirmation perhaps it will still be available to use on the new servers.

Paraphrasing what Samool said: "until we specify it here, assume it's not safe to start a character. We'll make sure we post a notice once you can create a character that'll be able to go to the new servers."

19 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

If that is the case there better be a dam portal to travel between the 2 deeds that can be used once or twice so that friends can meet up incase they click the wrong portal without having to suicide or travel for ages

Like legit this has to be a thing please @Samool

• Like 2

see the note in blue at the top of the forum - Samool jsut posted that - he posted n one who registered but didnt complete can not use that char to go to steam servers

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

@badvoc The answer you are looking for is we don't know.  One of the devs talked about this exact idea on another thread where he states he does not know what the outcome will be of attempting this method.  I personally have an email waiting in my inbox unverified with a name I am ok with if it works, but I have another backup name in mind in the event it doesn't work that I have not done any form of registration for (it might not even be available as far as I know).

Edited by bregga
  • Like 1

So we can use the current Steam launcher for new world characters?