Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New lands are waiting...

In preparation for the new server kj seems to be having fun with arti's KKMn1zY.png

38 minutes ago, Poveglia said:

What is the player name character limit? 10?

You mean limit of characters for one email? 5 characters can be registered with the same email.

Note though, nowadays if you use the syntax myemail+extras@gmail.com, you can continue to use the same email account.

56 minutes ago, Poveglia said:

What is the player name character limit? 10?

I don't know the limit but it at least 20 characters, could guess on 25.

Steam is a bit different. Using the Steam launcher, you can have up to 10 character slots, from what I've heard. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can we create a ccharacter normally here and then pick the steam server destination?

There have been reports coming in during the night of strange events occuring on one of the newly discovered islands to the north. Apparently the ground repeatedly shook with violent tremors and the wind seemed to whisper the words "unfair", "balance" and "coffee".

As a result some of the lands seem to have shifted. What exactly are the gods up to?

ashDed1.jpg

• Like 19
  • Cat 1

Its a well known fact that Wurm god's operate on coffee.

But it is still unknown why there isn't coffee beans/plants in any of Wurm lands ...

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

2 minutes ago, Bucew said:

But it is still unknown why there isn't coffee beans/plants in any of Wurm lands ...

Because we ran out of coffee before we could get them implemented.

Unfortunately, due to coffee plants not getting implemented, we're unable to grow more coffee, so that we can implement coffee plants.

We've put in a request for server hamster time to send them out foraging for more, but Keenan says we won't be able to get any time until the next server wheel regreasing.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Bucew said:

Coffe isnt for mere mortals to drink, it belongs in the halls of the gods!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurmfarm said:

Can we create a ccharacter normally here and then pick the steam server destination?

I would hold off another couple hours until they give the "it's safe now" signal. 

It's unclear whether characters created before they give the all-clear, will end up in the database correctly to enter the new servers.

A few warned it could potentially backfire on people trying to save names in advance by going through registration, but waiting to log in.

Server will officially open in about four hours but there were hints we might be able to create characters before then, and possibly even log into the Golden Valley login zone.

It's unclear whether there is going to be an actual, real tutorial anymore or if we are right back to the awful Village With 10,000 Signs 

(which would frankly disappoint me so very very much -- a one time chance for a great first impression and -- after all that wonderful work on Haven -- we go right back to what didn't work in the past.)

Hopefully there will be a new Haven style tutorial, permanently located on GV.  Who know, maybe they will knock my socks off for a second time ^_^

If there is a new Haven style tutorial, it might be a fairly decent place to chill out, adjust your looks with a silver mirror, wait for friends etc before going through portals to the various servers.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nocturnes said:

Coffe isnt for mere mortals to drink, it belongs in the halls of the gods!

yea, but we could make sacrifices to them so they are pleased and not shift islands around on a whim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bucew said:

yea, but we could make sacrifices to them so they are pleased and not shift islands around on a whim.

Yes that would be appreciated

I hope the devs reconsider the temporary skill gain boost.  It will disproportionality benefit veteran players.  

16 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

It's unclear whether there is going to be an actual, real tutorial anymore or if we are right back to the awful Village With 10,000 Signs 

(which would frankly disappoint me so very very much -- a one time chance for a great first impression and -- after all that wonderful work on Haven -- we go right back to what didn't work in the past.)

If they actually moved an entire island in just some hours.... i'm pretty confident they should be able to copypaste the haven tutorial zone and stick it there, or maybe improve it, i just hope the tutorial can still be skipped, lol

Would be very nice to have an idea about where the starting city would be anyway, we have spare hours that we could use for planning a spot :D

4 minutes ago, blessedbeard said:

I hope the devs reconsider the temporary skill gain boost.  It will disproportionality benefit veteran players.  

I agree, leave it for old servers but have the new lands free from it

4 minutes ago, blessedbeard said:

Doesn't really matter. Veteran players will dominate lands over time with skill boost or without it. It's the knowledge that makes them vets. Also I doubt that 3 days of skill boost will boost the process of Vets taking over by a lot. How much are you able to grind in 3 days of normal plautime? From 0 to 50 carpentry? Lol

9 minutes ago, blessedbeard said:

Because this game can totally be won in 3 days..... ;)

1 minute ago, Bartiluss said:

Doesn't really matter. Veteran players will dominate lands over time with skill boost or without it. It's the knowledge that makes them vets. Also I doubt that 3 days of skill boost will boost the process of Vets taking over by a lot. How much are you able to grind in 3 days of normal plautime? From 0 to 50 carpentry? Lol

true unless your account sharing with 3 different time zones :)  then it makes a big difference.

Reason I dont want it is maybe a few people are working this weekend and will miss and feel as if they have fallen behind, was said above or maybe another thread it could maybe be a newbie buff, so all new players get it, not just the early ones?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bartiluss said:

How much are you able to grind in 3 days of normal plautime? From 0 to 50 carpentry? Lol

According to a handful of people, it's easy peasy to hit 70 in something like carpentry in three days 🧐 

This will be their big chance to put their money where their big mouth is -- and I have no doubt many will be taking up that gauntlet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saroman said:

There have been reports coming in during the night of strange events occuring on one of the newly discovered islands to the north. Apparently the ground repeatedly shook with violent tremors and the wind seemed to whisper the words "unfair", "balance" and "coffee".

As a result some of the lands seem to have shifted. What exactly are the gods up to?

ashDed1.jpg

Nice job!

imo, skill gain boosts generally lead to exclusion/feelings of missed opportunity which leads to resentment which leads to many additional posts requesting more skill gain boosts.  

37 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Hopefully there will be a new Haven style tutorial, permanently located on GV.  Who know, maybe they will knock my socks off for a second time ^_^

If there is a new Haven style tutorial, it might be a fairly decent place to chill out, adjust your looks with a silver mirror, wait for friends etc before going through portals to the various servers.

Given the gifs found in the graphics jar as part of the tutorial (see link here https://imgur.com/a/5nmvfbN ) alongside many many other art assets in the folder related to the tutorial i highly doubt they will go back to the village with 10k signs for their tutorial

Something i hope they will point out too is and i quote "In an upcoming (insert missing word?) fences in a small area attached to a building will be protected against bashing." -retrograde 25th july  @12:54:54am NZST 
This should be spoken about in the tutorial too as it would be nice for a player to know that their fences will be safe from bashing and that old timers will also know this

• Like 1

18 hours ago, atazs said:

Too many non aggressive creatures at the moment. 

You know that won't last, though.  A bloodbath is likely.