Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New lands are waiting...

1 minute ago, Goremor said:

Och, 16 x 16 wow. Myślałem o 4 x 4. 16 jest super. Bardzo ładne mapy! Nie mogę się doczekać startu na ziemiach PvP.

its not 16x16 

its like inde&chaos

14 minutes ago, Goremor said:

Oh, 16 x 16 wow. I was thinking about 4 x 4. 16 its great. Very nice maps! Cant wait for start on pvp lands.

Well it depends how you are using those numbers, 4x4 8x8 and 16x16. Tiles or kilometers or ?

If you look at Wurmpedia here on servers, it is as Schiann says, same size as Indy and Chaos, or 4096x4096:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Servers#Server_type_summary

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Put jk on the south middle island (they are lowest pop group atm right?) And move bl to top right, then it solves issue of island being to small for the big group, and spreads the kingdoms out fairly. @Darklords

• Like 1

Do I understand correctly that character creation will proceed the same as always, the only difference being the presence of two new destination choices on the Haven portal?

Just now, Gaffer said:

Do I understand correctly that character creation will proceed the same as always, the only difference being the presence of two new destination choices on the Haven portal?

Starting tomorrow, new characters will start on Golden Valley and the portals there will have the new servers as added destination choices.

• Like 9

I don't think the starter zone distance is going to matter all that much in the end. It would be more equal (equalateral, in fact) to move BL to south center island, but how many upper level  PVP factions are going to be living on the starter island anyway?

• Like 3

Will the players who are joining through the steam client still need to register a new character on the wurmonline.com site?

pvpers wont stay anywhere near starter towns and if you have to swim off the starter town as BL so be it. I just want a fresh map so I can kill nerds..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Samool said:

Starting tomorrow, new characters will start on Golden Valley and the portals there will have the new servers as added destination choices.

I have a character on Golden Valley can i use him to go to the steam servers? Will his items/skills or coins transfer??? 

What if i traded items to a newly made character from my GV alt? Would they transfer to the Steam servers? 

Not that i'd really leave golden valley for that reason. I'm curious where they will spawn on Golden Valley. I want to go there and wave at them. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Will the players who are joining through the steam client still need to register a new character on the wurmonline.com site?

No, you create characters through the launcher when using the Steam client.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled with new characters starting on Golden Valley how is the tutorial going to work ? is there a duplicate tutorial on Harmony or is it moving back to GV for everybody ?

Or Steam people don't get a tutorial  ?

• Like 2

So update on the pvp map, we regenerated the map with a bigger southern middle island for BL this did not change the rest of the map except for the placement of tiles like sand/steppe.

• Like 10

Can we get confirmation on JK and MR locations?

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

To assist you in your adventures all servers will have a 30% bonus skill gain and affinity chance from  19:00 CEST Friday until noon CEST Monday, then 10% bonus skill gain and affinity chance until 19:00 CEST Friday.

Finally something I can get hyped over!

1 minute ago, Explora said:

I'm puzzled with new characters starting on Golden Valley how is the tutorial going to work ? is there a duplicate tutorial on Harmony or is it moving back to GV for everybody ?

Or Steam people don't get a tutorial  ?

I would also love to hear more on this

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

So update on the pvp map, we regenerated the map with a bigger southern middle island for BL this did not change the rest of the map except for the placement of tiles like sand/steppe.

Better change your name to Quickdraw McGraw... Good work fixing that. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Red said:

Can we get confirmation on JK and MR locations?

MR top left, JK top right

• Like 2

@Retrogradewhy are you awake at 6am you need your sleep for tomorrow when you gotta be awake all night >.>

• Like 2

Could you confirm if possible roughly where the Whitelight and Blacklight are? 

Will the new steam version start off with the new UI updates?

Not that I mind much, but is the ease of travel to the mainland similar across the three starter islands? Having some regions able to more easily explore the mainland might give large advantages to one side or the other.

What's the plan if say the server limit's get maxed out because of overflow of new people coming?

17 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

What's the plan if say the server limit's get maxed out because of overflow of new people coming?

are there server limits? lol