Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New lands are waiting...

26 minutes ago, Darklords said:

HOTS starts on the bigger island north of the smaller one, with the extended tower chain range it does reach the land north west by them, we are considering spawning in an additional island to make the gap to the west smaller to those lands tho.

@Darklords

Bro. wat.

wtf2.png?raw=1

wtf3.png?raw=1

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 6

They gotta leave space for the PMKs in a few months when HotS and MR both split up.

Based on the landscape I can see why they did it this way though. HotS gets all those islands safe and sound. 

HotS is now Greyjoy

Edited by Red

2 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

@Darklords

Bro. wat.

wtf2.png?raw=1

Stuff like this is the reason why the pvp server was originally planned to release a bit later, there is just so much more to consider for it and being such a small team it can be hard to catch every issue.

• Like 7

Couldn't you move BL to the center small island in the south? If it's just a starter deed that seems more spread out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Postes said:

Looks very mountainy. 🧐

Way way way less mountain-y than Indy and Chaos -- plenty of flat land for newbie farmers!

cOUWzKE.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Just now, Postes said:

Couldn't you move BL to the center small island in the south? If it's just a starter deed that seems more spread out. 

This is honestly a "quick" fix that would work. There's exposed rock there. And HotS is cannon the tougher people so smaller starter island seems fine. 

@DarklordsJust want to say thanks for all you guys do man.  I haven't been this excited for a game "launch" in a long time!  At the end of the day you do your best and realize it will never be perfect or please everyone.  You guys do a heck of a job trying though, and people like myself notice it and are greatly appreciative!  Thanks for hearing our concerns on this and your quick response, regardless of the outcome! (Pretty please don't delay the PVP server launch)

Edited by bregga
  • Like 2

The southern center island seemed to small for how many people seemed to be wanting to go bl, but we are discussing and considering options will update when I have our final decision.

• Like 2

I do think I have never seen the PVP players here as happy overall as the past six months, and it would not surprise me the least if Defiance starts off with more players overall than Harmony!

Good job, Wurm Team!

• Like 1

I like it. It seems like a nice balance of mountains and flatter area.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The southern center island seemed to small for how many people seemed to be wanting to go bl, but we are discussing and considering options will update when I have our final decision.

That's fair, and I think it's also worthwhile to take into consideration if BL is predicted to be the largest kingdom it's probably not great to drop them so close to another kingdom. Right now BL probably can travel a few minutes north and be right in JK territory without real any obstacles.  

• Like 1

I like both maps, but Harmony may be the best map I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

A 16k by 16k is to small for Steam, this will full up so fast it will not be funny, should think about 2 pve .

all the new guys will come to try it and all the water spots will be poof. Then it will come down to ppl not staying because there'[s no good by the water spots.

1 minute ago, Tigerclaw said:

A 16k by 16k is to small for Steam, this will full up so fast it will not be funny, should think about 2 pve .

all the new guys will come to try it and all the water spots will be poof. Then it will come down to ppl not staying because there'[s no good by the water spots.

That's when they add another server, etc. It's a much better solution than a Xanalag server.

• Like 4

Easier to add more new servers than to remove them.

They also have to gauge how many veteran players will be there for the first 90 days then return back to their deeds on the southern cluster, as well as new players who quite more over game mechanics than map/server space.

• Like 2

I really like what I"m seeing on that Harmony map.  There seems to be a nice mix of mountain and plains, lots of waterways, and also a very large connected land mass for those that don't want to travel by boat.  So much shoreline available!  My land-rush anxiety has gone way down.

1 minute ago, Tigerclaw said:

I think you're underestimating how big these servers are. These are the size of Independence and Chaos, with much more water-facing space. And honestly, I doubt there will be so many people coming from Steam that it will crowd both servers soon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darklords said:

@DarklordsSo I obviously have no idea how your map tools work, but is there any way you could literally just switch the places of the current HotS home island and the center middle island? Something like this:

k4wV3a3.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Galatyn said:

The bonus skillgain timer should be like the newbie food and aggro timers, where it's based on the amount of time logged in to the game.  That way, it's the same amount of time for everyone no matter when or how much they play.  Nevermind, the incentive could be to have as many people log in as possible at the start to be able to report high numbers.

Actually, I quite rather like the idea of the skillgain timer being  a newbie 24 hour timer similar to food and aggro buffs.  That way it treats the more casual players and working folk at least as well as the obsessive players.

I don't think they are going to have to worry about Day One launch numbers, those will probably be the same with or without an XP buff.

I can't imagine anyone playing a new MMO only because the first three days have an XP buff.  

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Why not just give sleep bonus instead of a skillgain boost?

• Like 1

This is the prettiest the Defiance map will ever be, soak it in. No mycellium anywhere, ahh... so beautiful. 😁

• Like 1

Oh, 16 x 16 wow. I was thinking about 4 x 4. 16 its great. Very nice maps! Cant wait for start on pvp lands.

10 minutes ago, Razorblade said:

So I obviously have no idea how your map tools work, but is there any way you could literally just switch the places of the current HotS home island and the center middle island? Something like this:

Idk if this is possible either in the next 20 hours, but not a bad idea.
Though, there's no reason to move the big island, as that makes too big of a gap in the water and makes the map feel hollow. But if you moved the far south eastern island(that we assumed was the starter island to begin with) that would do the trick.

Though tbh I don't think the size of the current island down there is that big of a deal for the brand of players going HotS. HotS is a tough bunch