Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

What is Wurm Online all about?

NathanNapalm has created a great video about the steam release of Wurm Online. Anyone new to the game who wants to learn more about what this game is all about should watch this as it gives a very honest and educated rundown of the basic features of the game along with a sense of what to expect when playing Wurm Online. This guy most have done his research considering he hasn’t played the game before.

• Like 7

I'd advise also posting this in the Wurm Online Steam forums. Most new players aren't going to know to come to these forums to learn about the game, so it'll do the most good being posted there.

• Like 3

He's wrong about the double skill gain curve though, the steam pvp server won't have that afaik.

Just now, Rhianna said:

He's wrong about the double skill gain curve though, the steam pvp server won't have that afaik.

I was wondering about that. It sounded more like the Epic curve or something, which I don't think they are using this time around. Maybe he could add a note to his video description correcting that.

Enjoyed the video though and hope someone follows Razorblade's suggestion and posts this to the steam page.

Yup hope it encourages a nice  lot of new players which wurm really needs at the moment :) and yes the double curve is epic only

Wurm is about buying deeds and leaving them unattended for months or years at a time

• Like 2

Will the Northern Freedom Isles be a completely different set of islands(maps)? Or will they just be fresh copies of the old ones?

Edited by Poveglia

They are all new maps, see here:

PFdAkBV.jpg

SFbdVgd.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Another youtuber that I've watched several times before, Ser Medieval, has released a Wurm Online video. Seems he will be playing the game on the new PvP server!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Another youtuber that I've watched several times before, Ser Medieval, has released a Wurm Online video. Seems he will be playing the game on the new PvP server!

That is great news!!

Hopefully he will be fully recording his adventures on Defiance PVP, and pull yet more new people into Wurm!

What is Wurm Online all about?

Digging. 🙂

Look at the comments all the people that don't know about the game and they still don't try to advertise rip.

There like 1,200+ on the game page on Steam, there no way this gonna work. Imagine so many trees chopped down, many wagon carts parked there, etc. No thanks, i will pass this one. Maybe check in within six months or so.

Gonna need a bigger boat!

your right the new servers going to be destroyed there wont be a place to forage or botanize either.

Edited by Godrobotswife

What we found when there were sometimes numbers as high as 1000 people online on inde was that people did tend to congregate around the spawn points, and a shanty village of one and 2 tile houses developed, with, indeed major difficulty in finding trees to cut, , iron to mine etc.

However, having several spawn points (and possibly being open to adding another couple in future?), will help to spread the population.

And the fact that noob gear is now rather better, will hopefully mean people are more prepared to move further away from the spawn points.

With the higher population there also came cries of "there's nowhere to deed, this game sucks", which were simply due to people not being willing to move away from the pop centres  .. these kinds of things may reappear IF the servers population grow to a decent level.

In short even at inde's highest population there were always vast amounts of resources available people just had to make the effort to go get em.

Edited by Scottfree2
spelling :(

21 minutes ago, Scottfree2 said:

What we found when there were sometimes numbers as high as 1000 people online on inde was that people did tend to congregate around the spawn points, and a shanty village of one and 2 tile houses developed, with, indeed major difficulty in finding trees to cut, , iron to mine etc.

However, having several spawn points (and possibly being open to adding another couple in future?), will help to spread the population.

And the fact that noob gear is now rather better, will hopefully mean people are more prepared to move further away from the spawn points.

With the higher population there also came cries of "there's nowhere to deed, this game sucks", which were simply due to people not being willing to move away from the pop centres  .. these kinds of things may reappear IF the severs population grow to a decent level.

In short even at inde's highest population there were always vast amounts of resources available people just had to make the effort to go get em.

Yup that why i dont plan to get in there. Wont go back to the old WO either, just a mess.

So better off in WU, have your own freedom and relaxing world, as long not over crowded or be at peace.

7 hours ago, Wildelf said:

Yup that why i dont plan to get in there. Wont go back to the old WO either, just a mess.

So better off in WU, have your own freedom and relaxing world, as long not over crowded or be at peace.

Remember, WU exists due to efforts of the same people and I mean The Devs. I also have mixed feelings about the new steam launch but I did support this launch financially for the sole reason to help the game.

8 hours ago, Godrobotswife said:

your right the new servers going to be destroyed there wont be a place to forage or botanize either.

It's a pretty big map. It'll just require players to spread out from the starting deeds.