Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Fixed] Golden light in the middle of epic portals

There is a pulsating golden "traitor" light hovering in the middle of each epic portals now.

Hopefully it is not intended as it really not fits in some existing designs where portals used as part of them, also I see it as a problem in some PVP situations where the existence of a portal should not be obvious.

JhOHdJn.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with Jaz. My opinion this strong light is very irritating. This would be better if the portal had a slight glow.

h0GmZL0.jpg

Annyil, I swore that was a pic of my place. I have my portal situated the same, aligned with the front door. I actually really like the glow in the middle though - gives it life as opposed to just another static object. Mine also looks more like the one in the pic from Jaz, a bit more faint. Yours definitely looks far more intense for whatever reason.

As far as hiding it in a pvp situation, it is quickly concealed by any object placed blocking its view. 

Is this an actual bug or intentional?

Edited by Alpengeist

I have no idea if it's intentional or not, but my own deed's Epic portal certainly now has one of these glowing balls of golden light as well since that recent patch.

sry wrong forum post - but yes, I also have a golden ball near my epic portal

Edited by Baloo

I'll add it to the list until I can get a comment from Devs.

These portals are still freezing and locking up my machine, requiring a reboot.  Did we hear back whether the ball of light was intentional?

You can now 'kick' the portals which will result in turning the light off/on